Current situation on 100mm Kegel wheels? Please update me

Woow! I am down for a 100 mm set. For yesterday if possible :joy: I am impressed.
What duro are you going to make? Are wheels with a softer formula like blue caguamas in the pipeline?

2 Likes

We know it’s big, it wasn’t necessary to whip it out lol.

2 Likes

$50/set?!
you guys better be stocked, or run out immediately! XD

Thanks for doing this for the community!
Might pick up a few sets for my analog boards :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’re doing god’s work

4 Likes

Shipping to EU?

PS: Grey as option please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, boy… I’m on board. Better be prepared for literal DOZENS of orders. Might crack a HUNDO. Hope you’re more than a one man show, many of those haven’t made it…

fo’real. Are those siped black abec 11s your racing wheels? :money_mouth_face::moneybag::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, we appreciate the enthusiasm.

Premium, “GT” wheels like Dexter’s 110s (Labeda) or the Tiller 111s (AEND) are the
best we have.

We will never go 110+ mm. We do not compete with our friends and, FWIW, the TB110 is hella perfect, as-is:

Labeda’s white wheels, above, are both narrower and lighter than GT-class wheels.

We like the Labedas because they work with prosumer drivetrains like Boosted and the Lofty cans on our TKP prototype:

The mould for these wheels is also fully
proven in 90mm from Haggy. The former
Ollin 90mm has seen the same races as the mighty Stooge - Labeda never failed at uphill racing, too.

We give credit where it’s due. Labeda does a great job for our community. We hope to simply make Labeda quality immediately affordable and available, to everyone.

Our business model, including community-upvoted colorways, limited-edition collaborations with my friends, and other new, basic accessories like padded grip tape: this is where we will shine.

19 Likes

Still waiting the link for the 100mm wheels :crazy_face: Joking, but for real, was about time someone would take the effort to make it happen, so thank you!

6 Likes

Thank /you/.

Your advanced designs and innovations, along with those from our other members like you, are exactly why we can focus our community contribution on the basics.

We need to bring the price of esk8 down - this stuff is getting too expensive and if we’re not careful, we’ll soon be building parts only for each other.

Thanks for your hammock base plate, again - they’re on my personal LaCroix, above. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you, appreciate.
It’s true. It’s ok to have a specific limited line of products only for DIY but in order to feed the Esk8 comunity with new members we need a great qualitt/price range of products to fullfil the most. Then everyone can choose whether to follow a more advance and full of obstance route :joy: or stick with well proved components.

2 Likes

Sorry, super noob question.
Who is Lebeda??
A forum user?
These guys?? https://labeda.com/

4 Likes

2 Likes

They make wheels

https://labeda.com/about-us/about-us/

1 Like

I love Jeremy’s reply to super suede the question @Sender asked

13 Likes

Yeah I was in on that too actually right after ourcore asked if they are still made in CA and Jeremy told @Sender and myself the same exact word for word rehearsed answer.

@topcloud There was a thread on the old forum that was about 90mm wheels from Lebeda. I know there is a min quantity and dont know the press but a 100mm kegel core esk8news branded wheel would be awesome.

6 Likes

Yeah I’d definitely be into a 100mm ish wheel.
I’ve got an old set of boas but they’ve seen better days lol.

6 Likes

wtf… otoh does that mean my black friday order from 2018 has a chance of being fulfilled?

2 Likes

Idk but prepare yourself just in case. I mean you already did since it’s almost a year.

@topcloud you’ve been typing for awhile bud, what’s up? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good find and I support @sender 100%.

If the bait-and-switch to a Chinese supplier doesn’t kill what little cred Jed/Boa has remaining (think about that for a moment)…

…it is positively naive and dishonest of Boa to state “in house” when we all know wheel production in China is a factory-produced commodity.

Gen 1 is a Labeda wheel, and Labeda is both insanely high quality and proven safe. Labeda has invested millions in production and has products resold all over the world.

Boa is a logo in Illustrator and a few thousand dollars.

I do not trust Boa or Jed, nor would I believe any of their claims.

14 Likes

Yeah, I got into a little instagram debate with them… probably blocked me.

9 Likes