Current situation on 100mm Kegel wheels? Please update me

Hi guys!
I have recently done with a custom board I made. The purpose was an integrated drop down low ride board.

Currently running 90mm wheels with about 10mm gap. It will be fine but probably nicer with a bit bigger wheels. I don’t want to go for 110mm. I am currently riding them i my other build, but I want something quicker for this deck.
So my question is. Is there something good out there in that range with kegel core? I know of a company that started to make 100mm wheels BOA style but I can not find the name anymore. Or better. Do you think we can convince Orangatang to make the caguamas 100mm version? I just got the blue one and I never felt a softer wheels. Plus they look amazing so would be nice to have a bigger version of it.

8 Likes

And wider too :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Think TB and someone else in the US is making 100mm wheels from labeda

3 Likes

Caguamas is 56mm I think. To me can stay like that. Otherwise maneuverability goes down a lot. It’s already pretty wide too me.

1 Like

TB I didn’t know. @topcloud posted a 100mm version from a new company (the one I refer in the first post) but can not find anymore. Only thing blue caguamas are way softer than TB 110mm. I know they are making a 74A version now.

1 Like

Abec11 will release in a few weeks Masterfly 111mm, I think they will be soft

8 Likes

Yes but 111mm. Great wheels for sure but I was searching for something in beetween.

2 Likes

Dualomo got some 100mm wheels with a Kegel core.

Enertion makes some 97s and 100s they’ll sell ya :laughing:

:sob:

3 Likes

Do you have a link?

swoop

9 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes

and we know how these things go :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hahahaha

1 Like

Labeda have opened a communal mold for 100mm wheels, MOQ is 1000 wheels, some of our members here have already made orders.

This happened ~4 months ago, we should see them pop up really soon. RIP Boa.

11 Likes

whats wrong with abec 97mm’s and making a abec adapter?

They’re on sale for $60 right now: https://metro-board.com/e-skate-shop/97mm-abec11-classic-green-flywheels-set-of-4/

2 Likes

like to re-sell?
or a couple sets for themselves?

make the ABEC adapter ahahah. I machining for the next project right now and I wanted to avoid to stop for making the adapter. My DD has the swapable front panel so no problem for that. It’s me the problem :laughing:
Plus up to know kegel gave me a better ride than ABEC but it’s also true that I mainly used Kegel.
Also the new Evolve wheels are doped in the ABEC core type.

1 Like

ok then will see :blush: The best would be to make and Esk8.news branded wheels

4 Likes