Current situation on 100mm Kegel wheels? Please update me

Thanks for all the fish!

3 Likes

:grin: Douglas Adams cit.

1 Like

@topcloud I thoug I saw somewhere that you were doing something with wheels?

1 Like

haha nvm. I assumed it would be fairly easy for you to make an adapter since you had a cnc?

Sure make it it’s ok. I have done it already in the past. It’s just that i have to find a formula that I really like in the ABEC style wheels available. I heard the new Evolve seems good.

1 Like

We will resell genuine, Labeda-made wheels at cost-recovery in 90mm and 100mm, in several colors, without branding of any kind.

We expect $50-ish a set; the freefolk will be able to afford Labeda quality.

We’re thankfully fully-funded, so no need to pre-sell, etc.

As for our racing wheel, the rumored CNC cores are true - Labeda pioneered these a while ago, and they appear promising to bring back for esk8.

Basics work great on Evolve, Lofty, Boosted, etc.

Gotta run; love you guys, be safe.

49 Likes

Awesome! Keep us posted.

2 Likes

Wait wait wait… did I hear… RACING wheels? Like moe stooge style race wheels? What duro?

3 Likes

Where will we find those listed? Will you be shipping outside of the US?

1 Like

100s vs 110s

17 Likes

Plz send orange 110s

11 Likes

Woow! I am down for a 100 mm set. For yesterday if possible :joy: I am impressed.
What duro are you going to make? Are wheels with a softer formula like blue caguamas in the pipeline?

2 Likes

We know it’s big, it wasn’t necessary to whip it out lol.

2 Likes

$50/set?!
you guys better be stocked, or run out immediately! XD

Thanks for doing this for the community!
Might pick up a few sets for my analog boards :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’re doing god’s work

4 Likes

Shipping to EU?

PS: Grey as option please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, boy… I’m on board. Better be prepared for literal DOZENS of orders. Might crack a HUNDO. Hope you’re more than a one man show, many of those haven’t made it…

fo’real. Are those siped black abec 11s your racing wheels? :money_mouth_face::moneybag::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, we appreciate the enthusiasm.

Premium, “GT” wheels like Dexter’s 110s (Labeda) or the Tiller 111s (AEND) are the
best we have.

We will never go 110+ mm. We do not compete with our friends and, FWIW, the TB110 is hella perfect, as-is:

Labeda’s white wheels, above, are both narrower and lighter than GT-class wheels.

We like the Labedas because they work with prosumer drivetrains like Boosted and the Lofty cans on our TKP prototype:

The mould for these wheels is also fully
proven in 90mm from Haggy. The former
Ollin 90mm has seen the same races as the mighty Stooge - Labeda never failed at uphill racing, too.

We give credit where it’s due. Labeda does a great job for our community. We hope to simply make Labeda quality immediately affordable and available, to everyone.

Our business model, including community-upvoted colorways, limited-edition collaborations with my friends, and other new, basic accessories like padded grip tape: this is where we will shine.

19 Likes

Still waiting the link for the 100mm wheels :crazy_face: Joking, but for real, was about time someone would take the effort to make it happen, so thank you!

6 Likes

Thank /you/.

Your advanced designs and innovations, along with those from our other members like you, are exactly why we can focus our community contribution on the basics.

We need to bring the price of esk8 down - this stuff is getting too expensive and if we’re not careful, we’ll soon be building parts only for each other.

Thanks for your hammock base plate, again - they’re on my personal LaCroix, above. :slight_smile:

10 Likes