Venom Mach 1 - Discussion and Pulley Thread

I haven’t ridden the Ahmyo wheels, though they look p good. Venoms feel a lot like my favorite longboard push wheels, the biggie hawg 73, only the extra 5mm makes a ton of difference for rolling over cracks/bad stuff.
I had them on a short deck w/ mini trucks for a while and it felt like riding a steam roller in the best way possible. Went over everything, rolled for days.

4 Likes

Fair enough, just wondering if there are any other wheels that contain the Mach1 cores… if they chunk or wear out - your choices of different wheels would be quite limited (apart from changing the pulleys).

You’re choices are more Mach 1s because no other esk8 core holds a candle to this specific form and feel.

Here’s to hoping 2020 brings about those LHB 85x85 abec core wheels or the cored Centrax wheels we keep hearing about…

Still happy I shelled out for 1-off pulleys for the venoms though.

4 Likes

Not even the community wheels?

Not sure what the commumumu wheels are.

3 Likes

O ya, those are basically Boa clones, ya? Different league bc of their diameter, imo, but I’m looking forward to those also if the new Boas don’t hold up or I just feel like saving some coin.

1 Like

You can get venom cannibals

But this pulley is made for magnums

Maybe @glyphiks can check fitment on the cannibals

3 Likes

there’s a difference in the cores? I couldn’t spot them… probably the depth of the cores are different.

2 Likes

No difference, depth is probably different

1 Like

Will do this arvo :+1:

FLK, once reversed, any brand should fit :
APS (2015 modular pulley W9mm)

TB(2015 too I guess)

DIY :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

same, venoms mach 1’s on a board with some flex is soooo smooth on pavement

2 Likes

Yep depth of core is different. Cannibal sits about 7-8mm away from the pulley.

5 Likes

Feels like we are approaching proprietary territory akin to aftermarket parts for specific car brands… Venom had better stay in business for awhile now, or never phase out the Mach 1s!

5 Likes

I don’t think they will dude, they are a pretty sought after wheel

3 Likes

By the way @moon that is a damn snug fit :ok_hand: kudos bro

5 Likes

That’s what she said

4 Likes

Thanksfor that I almost bought cannibals last week

3 Likes

They’re still good on a push board!

3 Likes