2 Likes

Use a gun, no rope will hold your weight

9 Likes

Also read whatsapp, I went fucking wild on there :joy:

4 Likes

110 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

Fam, you’ve been heard.

@Psychotiller Dave posted this entirely on his own, for the record, and asked me to help ensure everyone is made whole.

How we’re fixing this:

• We’re going to sell some stuff;
  • All proceeds will be forwarded (by me) directly to those who filed claims (please do not file any more claims, and we’ll be asking those who have filed claims to mark them as resolved once payment is made);
  • Remaining orders will be filled as soon as Dave’s shop is rebuilt; for our friends who did not file claims, you’ll receive something extra in your orders. Very special.

I do not own a cent or share in any of this.

We’re a family, and simply put, Dave has been a key contributor to our community since our inception.

The greatness of our community cannot be demonstrated in words; we must actually do the work, invent the things, ride the rides and share our collective experiences for our greater good.

Thank you, fam. Let’s get this back on track.

karl@vulkanik.com

20 Likes

@topcloud you are the patron saint of the esk8 community :smiley: always see you swooping in to moderate and move things forward :+1:

3 Likes

Asking people to mark claims resolved and paying them outside of their paypal case is asking for a lot of trouble. If the case is filed formally through paypal and is not resolved through that same paypal case either the customer or seller can screw the other person over easily. The buyer can fuck the seller by continuing to force the claim through paypal. The seller can fuck the buyer by sending the refund to the buyer then withdrawing the “refund” that was sent back after the claim case has been closed by the buyer.

Paypal is very particular about how cases like this are resolved and trying to avoid the formal resolution process is typically a bad idea. Paypal always favors the consumer, so if the product has not been delivered paypal will 100% reimburse the consumer by direct withdrawal from the seller account or in extreme cases out of Paypal’s own pocket. Just speaking from experience, I strongly advise anyone looking to get a refund to do all mediation formally through paypals mediation process of messaging the seller - I have been screwed through paypal/ebay before in a similar manner.

TLDR should be resolved formally through paypal/claim process or whatever the payment mediator was unless you want to cause a potential for a bigger clusterfuck.

8 Likes

Kinda wish he didnt ship my stuff on time. lol. JK. happy I got all my stuff and excited to see him stepping up and fixing it.

3 Likes

It should be noted that he didn’t ask people to Mark resolved before getting their money back but after.

9 Likes

This could be some niche reality TV show…

1 Like

Yeah, at first I was like, “uhhh” then I was like, “ohhh ok”

Flat earther Doesn’t agree with the logic. But I don’t agree with theirs either

:thinking::thinking:

9 Likes

good point and precisely our intent.

psychotiller has been upstanding for years so we’re admittedly new at this customer dispute thing. Personally, I welcome any pointers on process, absolutely.

Our mission is to ensure our community is made whole, full-stop. Thanks for the advisement, appreciate you.

6 Likes

But he did make a good point of the potential risk to Dave.
Someone gets their money back from Karl outside of PayPal and then decides to be vindictive and not close the case with Dave he can’t really dispute that they’ve got their money back.

5 Likes

I went back and re-read. Foot in mouth, I agree

2 Likes

Maybe Dave can ask PayPal how to resolve this the right way. Anything outside of it could harm you both, if things don’t go according to plan.

2 Likes

The only reason why Dave is doing this payback outside of Paypal is because his account has been locked and he has no access to the funds within. If people want money, this is how it will need to happen

2 Likes

Just because Psychotiller can’t access Paypal does not mean they will not get refunds through Paypal.

Paypal rulings typically take slightly over two weeks. If a claim has been filed the seller has exactly two weeks to reconcile or dispute. Mediation must be done through the Paypal website. At the end of the two weeks Paypal rules on the claim and the money will be reimbursed to the buyer if ruled in their favor (which 100% happens if nothing was delivered to them) regardless of if the money is in the seller’s Paypal account or not. If the seller does not have the Money in their account Paypal draws it from their bank account. If for some reason it can not be drawn from the bank account Paypal will file criminal reports for theft and reimburse the case themselves - which is usually very bad because Paypal has all of a seller’s personal information.

Basically if you start a claim on Paypal you will get paid back via Paypal if you truly did not receive the product.

5 Likes

I’m super confused about this honestly. So if PayPal finds in favour of the buyer, and there are funds in the PayPal but the account is locked the money won’t be coming out?

1 Like

If the case is ruled in favor of the buyer on Paypal’s case claim website the buyer will then be refunded 100% of their original payment, which occurs through a refund Paypal transaction. A locked account only prevents the seller from utilizing it - the seller can still log in and review claims but can not move funds around themselves - Paypal can still force withdrawals to issue refunds.

Paypal has locked the account likely due to an large amount of dispute cases opened, which usually occurs when people are performing exit/closing scams or something fraud-like is occuring. Paypal does this to stop cases from continuing to stack up and prevent future users from damage.

Where the refund money comes from in the end depends on if there are funds in the seller account or not. Paypal will attempt to draw from bank accounts directly if there is nothing in the Paypal account itself.

4 Likes