Community Board Project X

Look clean ! :+1:
Size - spec? :slight_smile: plz

@Myke you can watch the whole build in the video above.

@Riako You can see the specs in the picture above. Size is 41cm22cm3,5cm and weight is 6,7kg.

1 Like

looks like

Our community poll found 30% of flipsky escs fail or arrive doa. Just because you guys lucked out in the cheap assembly lottery does not make that a cost effective way or in any way a quality product.

Vesc 6 is the best option hands down.

7 Likes

Your flogging a dead horse it’s his opinion we all know flipsky is the best budget option so I see this as a budget custom board. a stepping stone between good mass produced boards to custom made boards. 12s12p unless you need the 240a discharge there’s higher capacity 18650 cells that wold have been a better option both cost and weight wise

3 Likes

there is plenty of advice if you read thro this forum from people who have these types of boards.

The sheer weight of the board when you finished will be overwhelming for some people

6-8p is a fare better option with optional extension packs. You don’t need 80km of range on every ride

Your BMS is restricted to 70a discharge I think you would benefit from FlexBMS as it’s charge only alowing you to use the 120a you chosen motors.

Motors are slightly over kill but are ok option if that’s your intention

Belt drives are tried and tested but so is the horse and cart. The more time that passes the more people are changing to gear drives. expect that will be a upgrade your community will want in the near future.

PWM remotes also on the way out most new ones are using a more reliable UART

If you don’t believe me look at the company’s selling parts. gear drive are new been made by company’s like TRAMPA and TB and 3d Services some are on 2nd generations not just enthusiast DIY any more.

Yeah, was wondering about the size, sorry wrong word used ^^

A budget board with 144 40T cells, smart bms, hand made enclosure, maytech 6396 motors, e-toxx gear drives and ceramic bearings. What is a high price board for you?

This build deserves a high quality ESC, why bottleneck it on a wish and a whim that the flipsky esc built at that particular moment was worth installing?

9 Likes

same.
I read “budget board” and went “wot? What part of this is budget??”

2 Likes

@Darkie02 Thanks for your engagement. I appreciate your input. As you can see we are testing both FS and MT VESCs. We won’t compromise on quality. Will use, what works best. Just have a little trust in our Ingenieurs and test driver. Do you know better ESCs? Please name them and we will check them out. We just won’t go with Trampa, since nobody is willing to pay for it on production board.

Which is a better 18650 cell than the 30Q and which 21700 cell is better than the 40T for electric skateboards in your opinion?

Our friends can choose between 6P and 12P for the battery pack. We are testing also 8P 21700.
We can customize anything you can wish for.

In our tests the DieBieMS is holding up very good. No restrictions or whatsoever. We are testing also Bestech’s BMS, so we will go with the best available as always. Do you have a link to the the FlexiBMS you are referring to?.

We are not seeing the benefits of a gear drive yet. If the perspective will change in future, we can adapt quickly.

The remotes we testet so far work very well with UART.

I believe you, but that’s not the point. Most people are interested in belt drives atm. So we build belt drives.

With that list of components I would expect to see dual VESC6’s in the mix. Certainly not anything with a flipsky label attached. Folks can say what they want about Enertion but I don’t think failure rates come close to that of flipsky plus it’s user interface is hands down the most convenient to use. On top of that I’ve never had an issue with overheating a Unity compared to increasing frequency on my FSESC 6.6.

6 Likes

P42a and gear drives are king for AT

3 Likes

So is this board supposed to be best bang per buck, or best all around?

If you’re going for the best of the best, gear drives and Trampa’s VESC makes sense. If you’re going highest value for the money, then I don’t see why you would use a fancy BMS instead of a quality Antispark.

People here could give you better advice if we understood what the goal was :laughing:

2 Likes

Also, a 12s12p battery is quite heavy. I think people would prefer a swapabble 12s6p battery, or maybe even smaller.

2 Likes

It’s not that simple 30Q are a good middle ground

Sony VTC6 are a superior cell than Q30
VTC5a have a higher discharge rating
Molie cell P26a better at voltsag and capacity

In a 12p with your BMS fused at 70a you only pulling 5.8amp from each cell making larger capacity cells a better option than all the ones I listed above you go on about not paying for the VESC 6 + when you can make the saving by picking a cell more suitable to how you intend to use it. Also very confused to having a battery capable of runing at 240a and motors that run up to 160a yet you not seeing the limiting factor of 70a BMS. With them motors and battry you should be getting face ripping off acceleration and it’s be limited by the compromise in VESC/ BMS and connections. It makes as much sense as buying a Lamborghini as the ultimate car to drive around LA in gridlock traffic. But then people do that so what do I know.

You have Sevral venders bring out VESC6 based ESU with a higher rep for quality than flipsky

4 Likes

With that big pack, why not 50E? That would be sick lol

1 Like

Are there any long term tests for this battery in electric skateboards?
Are you willing to pay 300$ more for the same setup and same performance compared to 40T?

The 50E has a too low discharge rate.

That works only for my Bajaboard in 12P configuration.
Will run the board in 70% mode.
Need range not top speed.

No because 40T is good enough

3 Likes