Comfortable,smooth,quiet and powerful hub DIY?

Suggestion taken, unfortunately, it’s the DIY builds category. Though I think I’ve seen somewhere before someone was saying he only believed in Hub Motors… something must have convinced him.

1 Like

This is gear drive with cam closer to the drives and motors :

:kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you really want those 105mm hubs, you could buy an AWD:

upgrade your deck and enclosure:

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/evo-40-ds-combo

and bushings:

https://www.riptidesports.com/electric-skateboard/

later, upgrade the battery, etc., and learn as you go.

best of luck.

4 Likes

The words you are looking for is “direct drive” :wink:

4 Likes

Acceptable noise levels. I can see myself riding this for longer peiods and still enjoy nature/view.

1 Like

I came from WG2s at one point too!
Same endeavors of smooth, quiet and comfortable. Here’s what I did to try and get more comfort out of mine

While I had fixed many of the issues I set out to solve, there was still room for even MORE smoothness, quietness, and comfort! I have completed my latest goals here.

Building off a Direct drive platform unlocks the ability to use Alllll those wheeeeeeels - That’s the main gateway to comfort. And they are soooo quiet.

2 Likes

Electronics in America are actually cheaper or what? Price looks amazing for a kit with this power/range combined with good(smooth) vesc. Is BuildKitBoards reliable ? Are there any serious alternatives for this without having to be a DIY pro ?

BKB is very reliable, the quality is legit and it will live up to the claims. You don’t need to be good at DIY to assemble it, you just follow the instructions to plug parts together and bolt everything in place.

In terms of performance, you’re getting way above prebuilt quality and way below prebuilt price for just a little bit of effort. Just pick a deck you like from Muirskate or something and order it, with shipping it’s $850 for the kit and $100 for the deck

2 Likes

Battery and the case aren’t on the flexible side tho? Aswell as shorter decks themselves?
What about those skate shoes? Any ohter options ? I am not living in Swiss :frowning_face:

Ideally I would like to have a longboard but short case with extended wires and styff doesnt look very good I think.

It’s a short slightly flexible enclosure and the battery is short so I wouldn’t worry unless you get a super flexible deck, but you’re gonna want to stay away from that anyways

1 Like

Boosted is super flexible ?

Serious question – where is all this misinformation still coming from? Where are you reading that Raptor hubs are good?

2 Likes

YouTube … vs other prebuilt hubs. Not even competition.

That’s right the raptor hubs are terrible it’s not even a competition.
I have friends that literally can’t give them away.

1 Like

I know better now. Glad I found this place. Saved my money.

5 Likes

They had a good start and did make some good products.
But they didn’t really continue that trend.
The unity seems okay.
But I’m wary buying anything from a company I don’t know if it’s going to exist in 6 months.
Still love my original OG single focboxs.

1 Like

@Chibatterysystems has 2 raptor 2.1’s for sale for 500 bucks each. Get one and then combine it with a @torqueboards Direct drive kit and you have a board for 1150 that will do you fine. Keep the original deck though because if you put the raptor 2 battery inside a flexy deck then it will break.

Ask me how I know.

4 Likes

One sold.

How do you know?

2 Likes

I dont have any left They all sold within that same hour pretty much. I posted it

2 Likes