Comfortable,smooth,quiet and powerful hub DIY?

Hi!

I am looking for a max comfort, smootheness and quiteness. Wheels and battery/case like ones on AWSM GT look cool too. NLS pro is great but lack power(torque,acceleration). The board I want doesn’t actually exist or I am missing something?

Atm driving Wowgo 2 s and looking for an “serious” upgrade.

What’s AWSM GT?

I’d say get a BuildKitBoards kit and deck swap it to a deck you like the look of, anything that’s 9.25" or wider in the middle. You can try the AWD GT deck which is the right width in theory but you’ll probably have to put the BKB kit enclosure at the front and use and extendor for the phase and sensor wires

1 Like

Build it.

8 Likes

Amazing if it is what it is on paper! Not quiet tho? Any alternatives in Europe to avoid shipping costs?

You can make a diy from Nexus Boards

1 Like

À friend bought a Classic V2.
It’s fast. Has 30km+ range and it’s supersmooth.
Beautiful board too
I dont get why it’s so under the radar
Only minus is maybe too smooth accélération due to the hobbywing ESC
Sorry about the accents, frickin’ french autocorrec

1 Like

You will never get max comfort from a Meepo hub board or a Wowgo 2S. Like others are suggesting, you need a board with either full urethane on all corners or for the most comfort, pneumatics. Don’t start the game with a weak hand.

7 Likes

If you want a quiet but smooth and cushy ride, I’d suggest getting 120mm Foamies on direct drives with a Hobbywing ESC

Look for a build called the Acoustic, then talk to @ Liuqiu-Ownboard about some of the parts, OwnBoard should have them stocked along with enclosure and deck options

(I really want that kind of build and I’m tryna do it vicariously through you)

2 Likes

This. If you want a smooth ride, ditch hubs and get something with pneumatics. Or better yet , build it.

1 Like

@BuildKitBoards sells 120mm upgrades for his Tayto kit boards now.

1 Like

To me it sounds like you need a @jeffwuneo Neo board and hub motors in your life, combined with his ESCs. If you can wait two months, I’m sure you can get in on the next round for all of those.

1 Like

Problem with pneumatics is … I prefer skateboard that looks like a … skateboard. Check AWSM GT on youtube. Those wheels make my heart beat. Maybe I’m dreaming too much I don’t know.

Nice wheels man. I love Hobbywing. I’ll check it for sure, thx.

Skateboards have more than one shape but okay.

Sounds like you know what you want.
Why should we go watch YouTube videos to help you figure it out?
Hubs will never be " max comfort"
and I’ve never seen a good review for the urethane Wheels with a bunch of little holes in them. it’s a gimmick.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of quiet ride. I didn’t thnik they are going to replace pneumatic in terms of comfort.

Sorry, I thought you meant Meepo AWD. I don’t see 4 hubs being comfortable, but maybe those wheels make enough of a difference. The deck looks like a Killshot or clone and the battery sounds pretty good. Might be worth a shot at that price.

If I wanted urethane Wheels, I would go belt or gear drive over hubs.
There’s really not much urethane on these wheels

I guess if silence is the main priority, some kind of meepo hub like those would work

1 Like

Maybe an Exway? I thought they are on a Christmas sale anyways

$380 for an Exway X1 original

Exway has a stiff deck or not?

Not 100% but probably solid feeling