Come back build

Hello hello, I’ve been MIA for 2 years or so. A while back I came here and you guys helped me build my " Dream build ". Unfortunately, soon after the build, I ran into money troubles and had to sell my board (forget who I sold it to, but hope all is well). I’ve missed riding since the day I sold it, so hopefully it’s time to get another one.
This is where I stand as of now.

Deck - picked up a LaCroix blem
Battery - 18s6p p42a
Trucks - Newbee RTKP
ESC - MakerX D100
Gear drives - Belt drive for now because $
Motors - ???
Telemetry - Davega
Remote - puck

Feel free to talk some smack to me.

8 Likes

Stormcore and Makerx dv6 are likely the most reliable choices

5 Likes

Check out our new deck, a flux/prototipo style deck. Finally in production.

7 Likes

+1 for makerX

I’ve used a bunch of D75 and haven’t one DOA unlike the stormcore

11 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Also hope all is well friend.

3 Likes

Definitely an awesome looking deck, unfortunately will probably be out of budget. We’ll see though!

1 Like

Yeah, Maker-X has claimed the top spot for a reason.

4 Likes

+1 for Maker X and if sticking with 12s the DV6 pro my choice. SKP solo looks like a promising ESC choice but too early to tell.

Radium Performance 6385s probably best outrunner choice for motors. Has a few little tweaks (what I’m told) over stock V5 Reachers.

8 Likes

stormcore most reliable for me had maker x and unity (notblood) both kill them self :frowning: the stormcore has been running longer than both of them did put together.

1 Like

I vote the solo and radium motors as well, haven’t been running them for long but the power they are capable of is humbling.

1 Like

We also stock motors, discounted for paragon deck owners, :wink:

3 Likes

Ah yes, you do too. Also a solid choice :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I have worked with over 100 stormcores.

I promise you the stats are bad

4 Likes

Normally i have shit luck so feeling STOKED i got a good one… so far :grinning:

1 Like

+1 for MakerX, had (at least 1, if not several pieces of) almost every mainstream VESCs back in my VESC days before I turned over to the dark side, and MakerX failed the least. If you’re not planning on juicing the shits out of it, you might even get away with no external heatsink.

You might wanna look into a higher series pack setup. 12s rn is kinda like the old 10s back a couple of years ago, and almost no new builds with 60+ cells in the pack are still running 12s.

I have had some great experiences both purchasing and riding things made by @IDEA, solid trucks/brackets/motor mounts/decks that won’t break the bank.

1 Like

What battery size are people running now? I only own my old board for like a month, But 12s8p would go 38Mph and get 40 miles on a charge. I was rather happy with it haha. Def open to suggestions though.

1 Like

D75 is also OK?
I like this ESC very much and wanted to use it in my boards by designing a dedicated heatsink on the bracket but I was afraid that it is still an underdeveloped prototype

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them.

2 Likes

I’ve got several decks that might work for you. Fully customizable flex. A bunch of different enclosures. www.TomiboiEsk8.com

2 Likes

I’m running a 16s 6p in my build right now, same amount of cells as the 12s 8p but higher voltage.

1 Like