RAMM Paragon Deck

Ok this project has stopped and started numerous times, mostly for personal reasons and a complete lack of spare time. It was put on the back burner as my priorities shifted.

Now available to pre-order
Paragon Deck & Enclosure combo PRE-ORDER — RAMM Boards

so firstly the name…
Paragon
noun

• a person or thing regarded as a perfect example of a particular quality.
  • a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence.

After many many iterations of this deck/enclosure (about 9, :grimacing:). we have finally developed a model that we can produce. The enclosure has been extremely difficult to develop due to the curvature of the deck.

Most enclosures are relatively simple(ish) tray style designs with no acute angles. This is for good reason, as any angle less than 90deg makes releasing the carbon/fiberglass composite from the mold a painful and mostly fruitless effort.

As you can hopefully see from the images, due to the curve and the battery segments, we have numerous overhangs in the enclosure. These overhangs caused us a lot of issues, so much so, we considered making a more simplistic design for ease of manufacture, but then it just would look the same as all the others. The curved chamber style compartments of the enclosure is a feature that makes this deck stand out. (in my biased opinion)

So we instead redesigned the mold. A mold that splits into six sections, allowing us to create the enclosure you see in the images. This mold sits inside another mold during the layup process. It may just look like a simple segmented tray, but compare it to similar offerings from Lacroix and Flux. You will notice their enclosures have vertical or >90deg angles on the sections. Anyway, I just wanted to try and explain the effort that has gone into producing this thing.

Other specs, notes…

• Capacity = max 18s7p 21700 (all but rear compartment used for battery). I would however recommend a 16s7p setup, so you have space in both the front and rear compartment.
  • Enclosure Materials = Carbon fiber composite exterior, fiberglass interior, so non conductive, (but please still insulate everything). Hand laid. (we only have the one mold, so production is slow).
  • Each of the 5 center sections is designed to hold 3s7p battery config.
  • Deck is 9ply + 3ply fiberglass. We intentionally didn’t put any carbon in the deck, so not to interfere with the remote/receiver signal.
  • We recommend using at least a 3mm rubber/foam gasket between the deck and enclosure. (edit: now shipping with a 2mm thick custom made rubber gasket, to ensure good seal between deck and enclosure)
  • First shipment is expected end Jan / beginning Feb 2023. Majority of the first batch is already spoken for, but I think we have around 8 sets remaining.
  • Price : mmm, tough one, we have looked at other similar offerings, most are using an easier to produce ABS/Kydex enclosure, our is not. Price will be around $500-$600 for the deck&enclosure combo.

Probably not a good day to post this, as I’ve been up all night watching the World cup (England :cry:), and i’m in need of some zZzZzZ

47 Likes

Fuck yes dude!!! I am so stoked that this is finally a reality!

12 Likes

Wow. That is a beauty, especially the enclosure. That curvature is pretty serious though, I wonder if it will cause the same kind of foot pain that trampa curvature can cause

7 Likes

The foot wells are modelled after the switchblade, a favourite deck of mine.

It just looks more aggressive as the the mounting tabs are at 30deg

8 Likes

Do you have any photos of this beauty from above? I don’t recall seeing any :thinking:

6 Likes

@glyphiks i’ll post some later, off for a snooze by the pool.

3 Likes

Beautiful work! Congratulations

3 Likes

Ah okay, maybe it’s because of the perfect side view. What’s the weight of the deck?

3 Likes

So is this deck the same as the MTB R1 or did the deck shape need to change at all due to the enclosure?

3 Likes

Where can I get this version where the standing area puts me up even higher than the hangers are? :rofl:

Weird preferences aside, that enclosure looks so damn pretty :ok_hand: I just hate everything else because too short I also love that you thought ahead about the remote signal as there is nothing more annoying than getting a new case for your electronics only to have them work worse in it.

4 Likes

Dude.
It’s hard for me to even process how aesthetically pleasing this set up is.

It’s really a work of art…

I hope you love riding it!

10 Likes

Yeah that is one sexy deck and enclosure combo :eyes:

3 Likes

That is pretty and I want one.

4 Likes

From were do you send?

1 Like

Shipped from the land down under. (Australia)

4 Likes

That killed my dream :cry:

1 Like

Shipping isn’t THAT bad. I was pleasantly surprised by the cost shipping semendeed betas to the US and UK. I thought it was going to be much worse.

4 Likes

Not only the shipping cost, you must also add the taxes to EU :cry:

1 Like

AU dollars? :open_mouth: surely not?
Such a good looking combo. That enclosure is another level.

7 Likes

Really art design. And in case of technical point of view it must spent huge hours to finish it with this awesome results.Respect

3 Likes