Come back build

So that realistically would be more power less range?

Same power, same range.
Possibly less heat thou.

Interesting, my brain doesn’t understand the concept there. How does that work?

With the same amount of cells → more volts, less amps → same power.
The same cell number will put out the same power, regardless of series/parallel config.

Delivering the same power with less amps and more volts → less heat.
Since heat loss across a conductor is proportional to the square of the current, so x2 current is x4 heat, x10 current is x100 heat etc; there’s a potential benefit in keeping current lower.

4 Likes

Can you please expand on this? Did you go to a different architecture? building different machines? Hydrogen-powered? Steam? EUC?

This is good to know, I am doing another build this winter and up until now was going to go with another StormCore.

Thank you.

+1 for @EboardSolutions or Flux VESC

I was beta testing these when Frederick passed away sadly.

I have still been riding these a lot. On pretty powerful settings. Did not give any issue yet. Also the Bluetooth connection or the VESC app did not ever have any issues. Can’t say that about any other VESC I owned.

Don’t know if they are selling them now.
I guess I just wanted to make a little shout-out to Frederick.

These are some kick ass vescs man :pray::fire::heart:

6 Likes

1 Like

Still trying to figure out a bms, charger, charge port and I’m sure plenty of other things.

4 Likes

Will probably get around to soldering in the next few days, still need to source a BMS.

1 Like

4 Likes

Lookin good bro but you missed out not grabbing a @tomiboi deck. Top shelf shit right there.

Gonna be a beast of a battery!!

2 Likes

Yeah tbh I went back and forth with the idea of what deck to grab and I do like both options, so I just went with the cheaper/faster option.

Currently learning how to solder, so I can finish the battery LOL. Also why does no one sell a smart bms for 18s in the states.

Put extra care into your iron prep and tip maintenance. Learned this the hard way.

2 Likes

what is considered iron prep? Tip maintenance I understand for the most part.

1 Like

Would highly recommend getting a Poastmote for that. The Puck is wonky to hold for long periods of time.

I have one, Just have to clean it up or print a new one.

1 Like

Too low, even for a street build?