Come back build

Depends how much you like your enclosure.
Looks low. What’s the height?

Hard to tell until the enclosure is actually mounted and there is air in the tires. My guess 3 inches all said and done. If its ever done lol.

Sorry, missed this. A soldering iron isn’t ready to go out of the box/package. You have to tin the tip properly and also do the same after using the iron to avoid oxidation.

1 Like

Everything is coming together ( I think )

Need to play around with some more settings in Vesc.
Need to get my power switch to work( currently will power on, but won’t power off).
Need to figure out what I’m doing wrong with my Hoyt puck.( Try to connect it, sometimes it seems to connect and won’t do anything, others it won’t connect.
Other wise we are here.

3 Likes

In vesc tool under app settings → general, set auto shutdown to 30minutes or some other value. Set it for both sides of the ESC.

Btw, great build so far!

On their website they say that, but they also say the left side of the esc with not work if the shutdown time isn’t set to “always on”.

Thanks! It’s the first one I’m trying to do by myself. I now know/appreciate the prices of pre built boards lol

Update - I got the puck working :white_check_mark:
Power switch works :white_check_mark: ( I had to set both motors to “off after 30 min”)

Working on - there seems to be no brakes as of right now. Forward and reverse just go at the same speed. If I hit throttle in either direction it just spins, there is no braking.

Still not sure all my parameters/settings are correct, but we took a step in the right direction I believe…

Can’t seem to get my belts/pulleys to align. Could use some help here.
Newbee DM1 hubs/pulleys on Neebee trucks and motor mounts as well.
Running Qing 200x75 tires .
The belt rubs on the tires, so I asked Newbee what I should do and he said I should put spacers in-between the hub and the pulley.
I Did that and now the pulley rubs on the motor mount.

I will post a video to show what’s going on. The left side has no spacers in-between the hub and pulley, while the right side has small washers in-between the hub and pulley.

What’s weird is that with the spacers evenly distributed around the hub, only half of the pulley hits the motor mount.which means it’s uneven and idk how that’s even possible. Hopefully I’m just missing something.

Can you move your motor mount plate on the hanger? If they cannot be adjust to slide back and forth on the hanger, you may just need to put a speed ring (spacer) on your axles (between the hanger edge and the wheel bearing). Let me know if you need speed ring recommendations for 12mm axles.

BTW it’s normal for the pulley to have some every so slight wobble. There is going to be tolerance in the way bearings seat on the wheel hubs, the wheel hubs themselves, and the spacers used between your hub and pulley. You could always try tightening and loosening some of your hub bolts to see if you can even out the wobble, but that’s about it.

Nice build BTW.

1 Like

3 Likes

She’s pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

3 Likes