Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

Not so sure. They are 105mm.

Am currently riding the blue cags, had them on for about 200 km already :+1:

I apologize in advance if this derails the discussion but has anyone tried these yet? Quality or hype? image

2 Likes

Don’t. Like riding on rubber rocks.

1 Like

I have some in my possession, but havent tested them out yet… let you know soon

1 Like

You have them?

On closer inspection, those are a bit different than the 105mm rubber rocks I’m thinking of. Maybe those are different

2 Likes

I agree, even with my real riding test telling me that I lose 29% of my battery/range using the Foamies vs the 107s I’ll be putting the Foamies back on this board unless there’s planned rides that require that 20+ mile range.

3 Likes

im tempted to put on 107’s on mine now to see how much of a range upgrade I get :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good. If the holes really provide a good experience it seems like it might be a good option.

I don’t really ride long distances for maybe the range decrease on the foamies will be a non issue.

1 Like

Do it. It would be interesting to see

Just rode/ broke them in for the 1st time today - when installing them they felt hard like china rock-thane, but when going over rough surfaces, I can vouch for their comfort when rolling over those tactile strips, it definitely dampens them by 50% - it was a good purchase! 105mm dia. I’m a happy bird.

After wearing them in a little, I could now feel a little give in the duro, felt more true to their supposed 76A duro rating. However I did feel a tiny bit more drag (as in less free rolling distance) compared to my normal 81A 100mm dia wheels - couldn’t quite figure out why.

9484FEBA-F857-42FF-8B6D-FF56F8C319BE

tactile

5 Likes

Ok at the price they’re asking I’ve added these to my list. Also looking at the 100mm hyperdrive and or torqueboard wheels.

2 Likes

Is there a link? Seem interesting!!

I am using these on a production board with the matching AE 105mm hubs. They are very hard, but I prefer them to the 90mm hubs that came with my board. They are not in the same class as something like Cags or TB 110s, but they can make awful roads rideable compared to thin sleeves. Foamies would be WAY better.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the ride on hub motors?

I wouldn’t consider using them with pulleys or direct drive. There are far better alternatives. However, on my old commuter board which has the matching hubs, I am using those up front. I only have a couple hundred miles on them and although softer now, they are still rock hard compared to Abec or Loaded thane.

1 Like

Because of the solid aluminium core.

You can just weigh the wheels. If they are unter 500g they have a foam core.

3 Likes

Not sure if this was due to impact or what but be sure to check your cores.

2 Likes

Cracked and chipped cores seem to be a common occurrence for these wheels. This was on one of my rear drive wheels, rode on them daily for roughly 3 months.

1 Like