Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

I had this wheel in the back before. Rotated maybe a month ago.
I had the Janux bolted delrin pulleys on it.

1 Like

I would really expect they come out of the same exact factory… If that is not the case I may really consider it.

If anyone knows about that I would like to hear it

I’ll most likely not be keeping my set if you don’t mind buying “slightly used”. Not really the ideal wheels for the 2wd revel kit. Kind of wasn’t to check out the 110mm 74a TB wheels anyhow

How fat?

2 Likes

Actually iwonder owns the mold, not sr.

3 Likes

Some (not all) of you seem to be open to continuing to ride on your cloud wheels.

I have not purchased cloudwheels. I think that may make me less emotionally attached and perhaps more objective. So here is an objective opinion. No matter how much you spent on these things, or how much you enjoy the ride characteristics–after seeing these pictures, you owe it to yourself and your family to remove them immediately. Something like this could never ever happen to any conventional PU wheel.

Consider any of the possible reasons for the failure:
1)You could argue that it might be a defective wheel – so there might be other defective wheels.
2) The manufacturer may have chosen an inadequate material for the inner core – unsafe
3) The rider was heavy – which just means it failed for him earlier than a lighter rider
4) The large 120 mm wheel may exhert too much leverage on the core – unsafe
5) Maybe soft foamy wheel material wiggles more than solid wheels – bad choice of materials
6) We’ve heard several riders say that their Foamies get out of round. That wiggle would put tremendous stress on the inner core. It could explain why the inner core sheared. – unsafe.

No matter how you try to explain the failure, the only conclusion is that this is an unsafe product. Not the first unsafe product, not the last. But definitely unsafe.

Should we be spreading the word for the safety of other riders?

4 Likes

Damn. Almost pulled the trigger on getting one. I’ll pass for now.

3 Likes

What brand is the broken wheel? I-wonder?
What size?

I think we have to share this, so at the very least, people know the risk they’re taking. If it gets back to iWonder, it also gives the manufacturer a chance to investigate and find a solution.

2 Likes

@rafaelinmissouri

Did you contact iWonder? If not, would you be okay with me doing it and sharing your photos?

2 Likes

Good idea. iWonder what they’re going to say…

9 Likes

I came on here for electric skateboarding not lame puns

ok maybe a little puns

2 Likes

FWIW:

Just checked all four cores on my Clouds, and no sign of cracking or damage. Still keeping on the shelf, though.

2 Likes

just purchased a set… have TB AT setup but drains battery a lot, was looking for something in between.

There is the question, were the wheels installed correctly with proper fitting spacers?
I’ve seen this happen a few times on peoples downhill boards.

3 Likes

giphy-49

I’m gonna go hug my Pneumatics.

4 Likes

20200325_233229

Where is the spacer? Did you remove the bearings then put it back? If you crushed the core without the spacer that’s on you

6 Likes

Even a undersized spacer can do that.

4 Likes

I totally missed that.

1 Like

I didn’t Even scroll up to see this posters name. I thought, this guy (girl), stop knowing my feelings before you become my rebound.

(Edit, if you follow my stupid posts, I get a kick out of dude (dudette) correctness, idfk, it’s a political thing that I’m publicly coming to grasps with. It’s like, ok man (woman), I say words that mean what they mean. “I gotta take a piss” = “there is a sufficient volume of urine in my bladder to trigger the i have to piss right meow reflex. And no, I haven’t be to Tijuana in 8 yrs. )

2nd edits for my rebound.

3 Likes