Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

Should be the weight of 90mm’s

1 Like

has anyone used these?

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri

Bummer, man. Can we ask what happened other than the obvious core death?

6 Likes

Dude… I was just riding and boom

5 Likes

Today I had a pretty good fucking fall.

Probably only going 15 mph or so.
My board just fucking disappeared from under my feet and I went down really hard. On my ass and slammed the side of my head.

Fucking front right cloud wheel just broke…

It is not often I ride in the street and in front of cars but I do it some… This happened on the sidewalk, but could have been much worse.

I wish I was wearing my padded shorts.
I’m going to be thinking about that a lot over the next few days…

Fox Titan jacket saved my shoulder once again… I’m a huge fan.

13 Likes

Kegel is definitely a stronger core shape.

I ride the same ones, hoping for nothing like that.

6 Likes

Shit. Nothing worse than the no-fault fall. Sounds like you’re banged up but okay, thankfully. This puts a sizable dent in my cloud wheel trust.

4 Likes

I am ok, Im pretty sure… Ass hurts and a bit of neck whiplash…
I loved these wheels too dude.
I’m having a big internal battle as to whether I get another set or not… This board was my current favorite set up…

3 Likes

I’m with you on the kegel cores

1 Like

Maybe the new 105 clouds maybe better… but the core material :no_good_man: - i’d say it was a combination of both the abec core and the subpar material. Glad youre ok!

I like them a lot, too. But any wheel that makes me even slightly apprehensive is a dealkiller. Since I’m equally happy with my 110s, I’ll be shelving my clouds for the time being.

If you do decide to go with them, someone mentioned you can buy a single wheel.

5 Likes

If there was a kegel cored, 105mm cloud wheel in that sick translucent purple I would be beyond happy.

2 Likes

I really like the 110s… But I had been enjoying the deck with the clouds better…
Sure can’t be going back to abec 107s…

4 Likes

I paid for some a few days ago that is worrying tbh

4 Likes

I loved them.
Fuck. Maybe I’ll be buying another set.
It is probably because I’m fat…

8 Likes

What pulley were you using? edit: nevermind I see it was a non driven wheel…that is really bad

4 Likes

Mine are shelved for good.

2 Likes

Front wheel. That’s what freaks me out.

2 Likes

Maybe get the original SR ones to be safe?

1 Like

I thought the pulley had something to do with it maybe. Wonder if there is some adapter that can be made to go inside to reinforce? I have heard some flywheel pulleys damage the core.

2 Likes