Sup f@ckers!? . . . .

Thats what I figured too, its the only thing that would make me hesitate on launch day lol.

These wheels would go great with the update for my board, later in the year… maybe next

I feel like there has to be some difference.
It’s pretty well documented at this point about the black evolve 107 falling apart.
Yet I’ve never seen the genuine abec ones do anything like that

3 Likes

I ran three green 107 and one black 107 on my old board. Black one shows more wear for some reason, maybe just because it’s the color? I have no idea… I did melt one of the core because bearing locked up, heated up real quick going 30…

So far three sets have been in the field for testing, no chucking at all… have to wait longer to see the long term results.

2 Likes

No we’re not comparing the black abec to the green abec we’re comparing the black green corcore abec to the black yellow core evolve abec

1 Like

Ahhhh never mind then. I don’t know about that, never ran evolve 107

1 Like

I think there was just a bad batch of them floating around because I saw them all chunk the same way

1 Like

6 Likes

Wheels chunk. Especially without maintenance or proper braking in.
I’ve seen plenty of abec wheels with thousands of miles and no chunking.
The point I was making was alot of the Evolve wheels completely fell apart under low miles.

6 Likes

I sort of understand the breaking in process, and how it shouldnt be done on an eboard, but rather a regular push board… but how is maintenance done?

Just wash them off or something? :joy:

Fill in cracks with super glue.

4 Likes

Ah ok, I wasnt sure if there was some magical sauce or something people have been using on their wheels. My urethanes have always gotten some chunking… maybe others can benefit from an esk8 article on this @BillGordon :eyes:

Depending on how hard it is of course…

1 Like

deckoz wrote it up in some detail. Too lazy to search for you :wink:

3 Likes

I was too lazy to search for it in the first place, I cant hate lol.

5 Likes

out of interest, would the hexl hangar fit the SR base plate?

yes, and vice versa.

2 Likes

@rey8801 ?! Here it’s a yes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

no idea bro. Someone with both should try it out. Interested about it

1 Like

About wheel colour. For different colour dye it can changing how PU perform chemically. Some colour can changing more than other. For darker colour it can making more different than for lighter colouring.

2 Likes

LoL.z

2 Likes

This is not a genuine Abec 11 core. If that was your point. :grimacing:

9 Likes