Cherry Angio | 31.5" Old School Pig | Xenith 2.1 | 12s2p P42A | Dual FSBH 6354 190kv |

60T

3 Likes

Its safe to say that I adore this board. Look at it flex.

7 Likes

stick that booty up in the air and show us the flex

This thing is awesome, looks like the perfect board for getting around town and commuting. It looks so easy to bring on public transport too.

2 Likes

It’s not all good tho…

These three holes are beat. I used different hardware than what came from Mboards, but would need much smaller rubber washers to fit these recessed bolts holes.

Definitely would like to learn how to make my own enclosures.

2 Likes

I’m mad I waited so long to do it. My advice is: DO IT NOW!

I just do wet layup in multiple layers, each layer gets a cure or (preferably) a half cure before another layer goes on. You don’t have to use vaccuum forming.

Glass and good epoxy isn’t cheap.

Don’t use cheap epoxy.

1 Like

I’ll have to pick your brain about best practices. Would love to craft my own decks also.

1 Like

Flicking the throttle at 2.67 gearing ratio on Xenith

2 Likes

Why would you let each layer of glass tack up before the next layer? I’ve never heard of someone doing it that way. Even if the adhesion is fine, you’ll still use more epoxy than necessary

2 Likes

So it doesn’t move around on me, it keeps it still

1 Like

My shortboard does this too. It’s not even that crazy in terms of power. It’s just a victim of having a tail and standing on it. Kinda annoying at times when it catches me off guard.

2 Likes

It actually can get very annoying and fun!, but definitely makes me respect the kicktails builds more.

3 Likes

You will learn to lean forward while throttling up, it becomes second-nature after a while and you don’t even notice it.

2 Likes

That’s not as fun as riding the wheelie/manual up to speed from a standstill :face_with_head_bandage:

6 Likes

There are other better ways also.
Bit of research and planning, some consumables and a vacuum pump and you can get a way better part by using a different process. Vac bagging over a wet layup with some peel ply and a breather bleeder layer can get a way better fabric to resin ratio and give a stronger lighter part.

I have done it, works pretty well but you can end up with a part with lots of resin content, especially compared to a vac bagged part

2 Likes

I was specifically talking about not using a pump.

48T pulleys came in !!

BUT not only did I order the wrong type (abec) but also purchased 2 sets. Obviously my fault for not being more attentive when ordering but bkb has no specific description wether they are kegel or abec, just a single pick of the tooth count.

Today was a sad day :face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

Though this enclosure is marked by my impatience, I still find satisfaction in the underside of this board.

The stickers provided by @fujio001 and @Skyart were the only stickers cool enough to match this boards swag, while covering up my biggest mistakes.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to work my way to 15mph this season.

6 Likes