Cherry Angio | 31.5" Old School Pig | Xenith 2.1 | 12s2p P42A | Dual FSBH 6354 190kv |

4 Likes

12" DKP w/MAD 105’s VS 13.75" DKP w/TB 160’s

5 Likes

6 Likes

sHFI 45deg punch on Tenka.

(It’s much easier to pop the front end on Xenith)

4 Likes

4 Likes

10T Torque upgrade?

1 Like

all i hear is belt skippage

2 Likes

10T motor pulley on HTD5M is no good

3 Likes

@b264 What’s the lowest tooth count you’d go on HTD5M?

2 Likes

I personally would prefer 15T but in a pinch you could go down to 14T

I personally wouldn’t do 14T

Making the wheel pulley bigger and/or using the biggest wheel pulley you can is almost always better

These things also matter more on 1WD than on 2WD, which matters more than 4WD

2 Likes

@b264 Gotcha.

Do different pulley widths have the same minimum flex diameter (tooth counts)?

So for example would a 10mm belt have the same minimum that a 15mm belt does? (And would the same minimum hold true for 20mm belts?)

1 Like

@yoyotinker this is a good question. @Shadowfax’s calculator shows a handful of builds running 8,9,10 or 11T motor pulleys.

Are all these 10T builds running wider hardware?

2 Likes

I did 12T for a while and it was pretty miserable, I think it was at about half that torque as well. 14 ain’t too bad I think

1 Like

I haven’t double checked all of them but I think most of the small number pulleys are either gear drive or chain, both are metal to metal so they have a much higher torque tolerance. The first two (hercaleez and space Invader at 11 and 9 respectively) are definitely gear drives

2 Likes

I’ve used 12/32T and 15mm belts but with smol wheels. Was fine in my case (76mm wheels) but I can definitely imagine they would start getting skippy if you upped the wheel/wheel pulley size

1 Like

I prefer 15T also but mostly because I prefer D shaped pulleys. Maybe going 15/48 would be be nice round setup.

And maybe 12/48 might be possible?

Those are for geardrives, not belts. If you want more torque, dump the tenka.

1 Like

These likely are not belt builds. Stooge race team uses 10t and 11t pinions.

Some are also likely placeholders. Like, I plan to use a 4.5 gear ratio so I plug in 10 / 45

2 Likes

Correct - I am using 55/11 gears on Hercaleez. I would assume just about all motor teeth under 14 would be gears instead of belt pulleys

2 Likes

This is all good to know! Saves much time experimenting. Does anyone know the highest T count for kegel pulleys?

Or street boards in general? Maybe custom made sizes.