Charge ports and fast charging

A little smaller, but up to 10a.

https://www.amazon.com/CNLINKO-Circular-Connector-Female-Waterproof/dp/B07Z7T3L2P

2 Likes

Crap. Wish Iā€™d found the ad with the 3 pack. I just bought a 10 pack for the one 10s board Iā€™ll ever build.

$1.00 plus the stamp for anyone looking in the future.

2 Likes

GX16 is a bit too big for must builds, Iā€™ve been using GX12-4 , but just 2 pins at 5 A and it barely get warm, so using 2+2 will do 10 A also, probably can push a bit more or go with the 6 pin version

3 Likes

Good to know. Iā€™m gonna do the same

I guess itā€™ll be XT60 vs GX16. The GX port on the board side doesnā€™t seem too deep

As far as wiring, I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t just be paralleled together with a single fuse. 5.5x2.1 for 4 amp charging, the alternative for when I wanna charge at 8-12 amps

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the GX-16-2 on one of my boards and am installing it on another one, I love it. You can find dust covers on ali pretty easily, want a link?

3 Likes

Yea thatā€™d be great. Can you show a side shot of the female port for the board side? If theyā€™re not terribly deep it may work well. Might have to just get my hands on some.

I ordered 8 of this rubber one the other day. Iā€™ll grab a pic of it in my enclosure in a bit

3 Likes

The board side is typically the male connector with the prongs, not the holes.

3 Likes

Ya youā€™re right Mixed them up.

Those dust covers look great

They look great. But they are metal. Make damn sure you fuse those charge ports. The metal cap WILL short those pins out if youā€™re drunk or tired or itā€™s dark and you canā€™t see well.

1 Like

Also the first time they get wet, they have this sandy grit on them and they do NOT screw on smoothly, itā€™s like grinding

Yeah mine is still open until the rubber cap comes. I donā€™t have it fused yet, probably should throw a 10a fuse in there

I highly, highly recommend the rubber caps

And make sure you use a washer, they donā€™t stay on very well at all without a washer. (I mean a bigger washer than the stock ones)

Iā€™ve been using these for years, they are good jacks. But the metal caps suuuuuuck.

The rubber caps are surprisingly good.

5 Likes

Fuse it now

1 Like

6 Likes

There were two options on my link but I do agree that visually the metal caps do look pretty cool. I got the rubber ones from the same link

Also hereā€™s a few pics on my enclosure

1 Like

Good info @b264. The metal caps look nice but I see what you mean. Iā€™ll order rubber caps instead.

Iā€™m torn between the 2 pin or 4 pin. Looking at chargers now. If I intend to stay at 12 amps or less Iā€™d be fine with the GX16-2. But I could go with the 4 and have some extra headroom by running two pins each together.

I donā€™t see a use right now for a GX16-3 unless I used the extra pin for external voltage display or something.

1 Like

If I did it again, Iā€™d go for the 4 pin. GND on pins 0,1 and PWR on pins 2, 3 (directly into a fuse)

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely going to take advantage of this and add a second connector. Even just looking at the p42a pack Iā€™m planning to build, the ability to charge at 1C and that being their standard rate is awesome. And Iā€™ve been considering buying a four amp charger which would be 40% of that standard charge rate. That would land me near 4 hours instead of 1. This is a must