idk if satire of not but either way that is pretty hilarious :joy:

1 Like

no, for real

grafik

11 Likes

Wow lmao it’s the same symbol and everything

4 Likes

Yes. The same experieces I have.

According to Wikipedia that’s apparently an urban myth stemming from a badly proportioned logo.

3 Likes
13 Likes

No it is not in the EU

CE is selfcertifiable, its up to the seller to make sure they’re up to par. But anyone can say they’re CE until proven otherwise.

CE is the easy part(medtech is abit more strict), make manual/instructions and dont sell stuff that obviously wont fulfill the requirements. If my dad can do it a 65, anyone can.

EMC certification is a bigger worry. you’d be slapped with hefty fines in EU if you can show a good lab result if someone asks, as a consumer you’re within your right to ask for one. If they can’t supply it its recommended to report said vendor to applicable authoraties. A standardized EMC test can then be carried out on the product in question and if it fails you could end up having to recall all of your previously sold products + you have to pay for the test, which is atleast 10k euro. Plus fines ontop of that.

2 Likes

Here in Denmark CE is mentioned specifically in the legislation that legalize esk8. In order for an esk8 to be street legal it needs to have a CE cerfication.

I asked the ministry if one could build his own esk8 and use that on the streets. Just like we see it when people are putting together bicycles from parts they get different places.

That is ok as long as the important parts are CE certified. I didn’t go further into what they consider important parts.

What I took away fromthis, is that if you want to sell esk8 in Denmark that are street legal it needs a CE certification. But there is no esk8 that fulfill the requirements for being street legal here. The 20km/h max speed sort of rule out everything.

2 Likes

There must be a way even for Chinese boards to reach and lock to that speed limit.

cat-whats-happening

1 Like

Why is this something that (seemingly) only china does? What is it about china that makes them scoff at lying and scamming?

1 Like

I have seen sneaky production changes show up with manufacturers in a number of countries aside from China. Anywhere that has limited liability to their customers + a desire to profit is going to encounter this. Humans are greedy.

The reason we don’t see it as much with local manufacturing is largely just because of increased liability & costs. You can get sued for failing to deliver product to spec, or just have the shipment outright rejected at your cost. Consumer/Business protections are always higher within your local government and drop the further away geographically and judicially we get.

People like to throw Chinese manufacturing under the bus but it’s really just scale/exposure to it and China is one of the largest centers of manufacturing with the least amount of oversight/accountability due to lack of cooperation between our countries.

1 Like

No one’s complaining about German manufacturing…

2 Likes

Having worked with a rather large German technology company rhyming with… Thiemens, I have a few complaints :joy:

And same reason: higher liability, higher regulation, higher cost.

2 Likes

What’s up with the Germans, do they treatment you like their products are too good for you?

This is what I’m saying. China has no liability. Very much buyer beware buyer be fucked

1 Like

I think once an ocean or 2 are separating you from your supplier/manufacturer, they won’t treatment you right.

I think when your government is perfectly fine with erasing history and lying to cover up atrocities that that kind of behavior will trickle down to all the companies within that country

Easy to suppress consumer issues when there’s no freedom of speech

Who’s going to call out the government for lack of consumer protections when calling out the government reduces your social credit score preventing you from doing most things

Democracy and liberalism are objectively superior to whatever they got going on over there

1 Like

True, but there are scammers in people living in
western democratic countries too.