CE of selling boards in EU

At first Sorry if Iam used wrong category for this topic. But Iam personally interesting if brands like Trampa, Apex or Flux or Chinese brands fallowing rules of CE in case they are selling boards in EU. Personally Iam doubt that some king of D-FMEA or risk analysis was done for Apex board based on cable leading in the middle of absorbing pad on board. I hope it is not really absorbing pad just they using this sentence for promo. Next point, have You received manual for board in Your origin language? Because according EU rules You should, in case that You bought board in EU.

2 Likes

Is CE certification mandatory for esk8s? I don’t think so.

Maybe remotes because they fall under “radio equipment”.

CE is mandatory for everything selling in EU. Therefore for example You can buy any helmet in EU you want ,and You can be sure that is certified.

1 Like

You would have to ask them. @Trampa @ApexBoards @EboardSolutions.

I’m just a dumb American Duck, and I dont know shit about EU product laws. But here in the US a lot of product safety certifications/regulations are not required until a manufacturer reaches a certain threshold of volume for a product.

For example, I, as a custom battery builder, can build and sell a one-off, bespoke custom battery without having to get it UL tested and whatnot (which costs tens of thousands of dollars) because I’m not making ten thousand of them. Otherwise how else would anyone innovate or make custom anything, if they have to get it registered and regulated and certified at massive cost to themselves just to sell that one custom product?

I have no idea if the EU laws are similar, but it would make sense.

3 Likes

If You have store located in EU , you are guaranteed that your products are safety. It is not needed to test your product. But You should be able present some risk analysis that You evaluate all potential failures, risks and results of Your product. For example single purpose machines used in industry must have it also. How they are tested? They just need fulfill ergonomic and safety standards and developer must have done risk analyse with zero or acceptable risk result. CE should not blocking new development and new technologies, that is not a target of it. CE shoul guarantee that You are using safe product. And part of CE is also manual in origin language for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is GB still part of the EU? :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

How it is now , it is not clear for me.

As you mentioned „if they have a store in the EU they need to fulfill regulations“ it might not be applicable for either Apex or Trampa. They both have their shops in GB.

2 Likes

I hope that somebody have better knowing about it than me😁 But probably You are right. Just for example in case that You are bought some machine from China, and this machine missing CE. It is not allowed that this machine will be used in EU in any company.

If I may chime in, it’s a bit more specific :

• you’re not guaranteed to deliver safety CE products, you’re in fact supposed to have conducted tests internally or have had certifications made ;
  • your tests are supposed to be the base of your risk analysis documents ;
  • when you have had your certification made externally, your products are per se reputed meeting safety CE standards
  • when you have made your own internal tests and Ă©valuations, you engagĂ© your own liability in any case of damage caused by failure.
  • one use products must have had gone through a dummy test, and analysis will serve as benchmark for all future one use products

What that means is : you can indeed not do tests and produce and estimated risk analysis, but all liability is leveraged on your company / yourself.

So long nothing bad happens, it’s child play. If it’s a risky product, yes CE external certification is recommended to help prevent extra liability.

I can take a fresh look over it again if you wish, it’s supposed to be my daily job :sweat_smile: but it’s time consuming!

11 Likes

Nice. Thank You for this info!

1 Like

This is true.
EU regulations are harsh compared to Eagle country.

But it’s purely because we have DOUBLE the voltage on our not shitty plugs :smiley:

3 Likes

May I have one more question? This rules are valid just for sellers in EU? Or this is valid for anyone who is shipping product in to EU like final destination?

1 Like

2 Likes

People who ship to EU (china) are not required to do anything as they are not based in the EU.
If you are opening a webshop and selling from EU (ebs) you are required to do some paperwork stuff. But there is like 0 regulation if you stay small.

Wtf
I assumed this was in some 3rd world country untill I read the text.

Where is this?

1 Like

No clue, just found some shitty wiring and pegged it on Europe

Lol it literally says iraq on it

3 Likes

Actually yes when you want to sell/deliver a product to EU market, your product has to be CE certified, doesn’t matter that your store is foreign or local.

But China companies don’t care (go catch a oversea foreign company, it’s either complicated or costs a lot and takes a lot of time) and like @iNoLikeFlexyDecks many vendors just choose to try and fly under the radar.

Doesn’t mean that it’s legally ok, just that they go through & gamble on absence of control / issues / damage to a powerful customer or third party.

Main menace to oversea vendors are customs because they can simply hold on goods when it hits through the EU border of any country. And customs already have a ton of other motives to look for.

On the contrary, if you’re a EU vendor selling outside EU market your don’t care either about CE.

1 Like

some care, you know they put that specific C E (China export) sticker on those

5 Likes