Carvons v4 need help fixing

@ryend and @hummieee should i count the number of strands in parallel on each phase?

what does the number of strands mean?

also should i just chop off the sensor board or is there anyway to somehow carefully take it off and replace later

it looks like its epoxied in place

I donā€™t know why [quote=ā€œRyEnd, post:131, topic:29850, full:trueā€]
To oversimplifyā€¦ wye is lower kv for the same turns, but less oomf vs the same kv in delta.
[/quote]

Why u say that.

As I said u donā€™t need to count the wires or how many turns or measure How thick. If u can it can be interesting to compare

1 Like

k thank you very much hummie really useful

not sure right now about sensor wires and the pcb board for it

Get it all out. Dont scratch the enamel off the stator. Order some thin magnet wire maybe about 26 awg. . If u get that far then we can finish it. Assuming u have a vesc running.

1 Like

k thanks

will rip off sensor pcb and take off all magnet wire with scratching
if i do scratch enamel by mistake is there any fix?

thank you

U can patch it but has to be good stuff. Just the edges are the real worry. Donā€™t chip it off The edge u have to wrap around. It will cut into the wire easily and ruin the motor

1 Like

Oversimplifying can often lead to misunderstanding.

Max torque is the same regardless of termination, but delta requires more amps at low speed, and from experience, this leads to a punchier feel. (and more heat, and other thingsā€¦ everything is a trade off). This can be influenced pretty heavily by the controller your using, but weā€™re talking vescs here.

My emotor knowledge is pretty rusty.

1 Like

so started peeling off the wire and it sucks
its so hard to get anything off and even when they come off its just a teeny bit of wire at a time

gonna have to have a lot of patience while getting it off

So saw that in @kook thread about his carvons Jerry used 6364 sk8 motors
Was wondering if it would be possible to find some of those stators and reterminate as wye to get the desired result?
Thanks

I am suggesting since removing the windings seems to be basically impossible
They wonā€™t come off at all

@kook what would I need to do to an sk8 stator in order to convert it?

@kook what do you think would it work and what changes would need to be made

Also I see they have a 130kv and 150 and 110kv version if I wound that in wye what kv would I end up with

Also if anyone has a spare please tell me

So I have been looking into it and it seems quite few motor stators have similiar dimensions to this

I was wondering what the original motor Jerry used and what others would fit and work in here

Thanks guys

I will still work on rewinding my own but to get these up and runningā€¦

read mOAR

4 Likes

read that but then moon said it was not

does the centre of the sk8 have the same hole as the carvon stator?

read my threadā€¦ i donā€™t know what youā€™re askingā€¦ i already told you this was way above your payscaleā€¦ and then you did, what you didā€¦ iā€™m fuking sorry but from now on you must learn]

it is an important component of growing up to understand what you can fuk upā€¦ and 3what you should avoidā€¦

thisā€¦ is a learning experiemnceā€¦

brotherā€¦ figger it outā€¦

2 Likes

what i am asking is if i get a stator from the sk8 6364 should it just fit straight on or will any adjustments need to be made?

1 Like

what I am saying is do your research

1 Like

read through your whole thread and on the builders forum found nothing about the sk8 on them

by looks they seem very similiar dunno about perfect though

there einsteinā€¦ you know eggzakery what I knowā€¦ quit PMing me iā€™tā€™s annoying to get tagged and pmā€™ed on the same dumb ass subject

2 Likes

k thank you very much

your help is much appreciated

1 Like

youā€™re very politeā€¦ thank you and youā€™re welcome

2 Likes