Carvons v4 need help fixing

U can patch it but has to be good stuff. Just the edges are the real worry. Don’t chip it off The edge u have to wrap around. It will cut into the wire easily and ruin the motor

1 Like

Oversimplifying can often lead to misunderstanding.

Max torque is the same regardless of termination, but delta requires more amps at low speed, and from experience, this leads to a punchier feel. (and more heat, and other things… everything is a trade off). This can be influenced pretty heavily by the controller your using, but we’re talking vescs here.

My emotor knowledge is pretty rusty.

1 Like

so started peeling off the wire and it sucks
its so hard to get anything off and even when they come off its just a teeny bit of wire at a time

gonna have to have a lot of patience while getting it off

So saw that in @kook thread about his carvons Jerry used 6364 sk8 motors
Was wondering if it would be possible to find some of those stators and reterminate as wye to get the desired result?
Thanks

I am suggesting since removing the windings seems to be basically impossible
They won’t come off at all

@kook what would I need to do to an sk8 stator in order to convert it?

@kook what do you think would it work and what changes would need to be made

Also I see they have a 130kv and 150 and 110kv version if I wound that in wye what kv would I end up with

Also if anyone has a spare please tell me

So I have been looking into it and it seems quite few motor stators have similiar dimensions to this

I was wondering what the original motor Jerry used and what others would fit and work in here

Thanks guys

I will still work on rewinding my own but to get these up and running…

read mOAR

4 Likes

read that but then moon said it was not

does the centre of the sk8 have the same hole as the carvon stator?

read my thread… i don’t know what you’re asking… i already told you this was way above your payscale… and then you did, what you did… i’m fuking sorry but from now on you must learn]

it is an important component of growing up to understand what you can fuk up… and 3what you should avoid…

this… is a learning experiemnce…

brother… figger it out…

2 Likes

what i am asking is if i get a stator from the sk8 6364 should it just fit straight on or will any adjustments need to be made?

1 Like

what I am saying is do your research

1 Like

read through your whole thread and on the builders forum found nothing about the sk8 on them

by looks they seem very similiar dunno about perfect though

there einstein… you know eggzakery what I know… quit PMing me i’t’s annoying to get tagged and pm’ed on the same dumb ass subject

2 Likes

k thank you very much

your help is much appreciated

1 Like

you’re very polite… thank you and you’re welcome

2 Likes

thanks a lot

one thing you learn is dont insult people bigger then you and who can mash your face in a fight

also im english and half german so it comes naturally

some of my worse drinking experiences come from drinking with the english… they are beligerannt…

some a the best with germans… they can party… the japs, drink too early… and the Koreans beat up their cars… thai whisky is evil…

and do your research and make your shit work…

and… rewinding thoses carvons is a fools errand…

1 Like

correct… but getting a new stator is a good lazy one

as long as the windings are appropriately the correct kV… or… you have done your research to know the diff… know the deal and appropriately deal with your solution…

and don’t have to post like 30 million posts axzing for help…

1 Like

done the research and worked out how to get to the normal kv by either reterminating or getting the low kv version

thanks though

:+1:t4:

1 Like