CARVE PDX - August 20-22nd 2021 - Portland, Oregon, USA - GREAT SUCCESS!

CARVE PDX

• Where: Portland, OR
  • When: August 20th-22nd 2021 (Extended camping trip 23-25th)
  • Bring: You, your esk8. Come to Portland, one of the skate friendliest cities in America.
  • Hosts @DerelictRobot @SeanHacker @JJHoyt @Skunk @BenjaminF @skate420
  • Cost Free. It’s our first year and we want folks to save that money for fun.

CARVE PDX Telegram:

(Photo Credit)

Alright Party People

After last year was cancelled due to flocks of murderous geese, were back!

Your Portland Esk8 crew would like to throw the Softest Esk8 Event That Ever Was.

Naw just kidding, we’re gonna get rowdy.

Come join us for an extended weekend skating around the gorgeous PNW. Portland is one of the skate capitals of the US, with hundreds of miles of dedicated bike paths, trails, & plenty of streets to shred.

In Portland, you can legally street ride and are offered the full protections as bicyclists. Combined with an average speed limit of 25-35mph for cars, this makes a perfect environment for us to descend upon with our electric murder sticks.

Helmets are required and we encourage appropriate safety gear.

Tentative schedule for Carve PDX 2021, subject to some shifting around.

Day 1 - Friday Aug 20th

11am-Noon - meet at Mt Scott Park. Casual ride & hang.
1pm - Lunch at Mercado Food Carts.
3pm - Willamette River Loop Ride
6pm - Meet-n-greet with Hoyt Electric, Metroboards, DRI, & Duck Battery @ Bamboo Revolution
7pm - PDX eBoarding Fri Night Ride
Fin

Day 2 - Saturday Aug 21st

11am - Ride - Mt Tabor
1pm - Lunch at Lucky Lab
4pm - Ride with Hoyt St Electric Crew | Skate Park
6pm - Drinks & Dinner in SE/FoPo
8pm+ PDX Bar Crawl
Fin

Day 3 - Sunday August 22nd

11am - Brunch @ Bar Carlo
1pm - Ride - Columbia Pacific Trail
6pm - Drinks & Dinner at Growlers PDX
8pm+ Night Ride! Shenanigans?!
Fin

August 23-25th Camping/Glamping at Cape Disappointment | Sou’Wester

Thanks to Hoyt Electric, LHB, Redember Boards, Metroboards, BKB, and Derelict Robot Industries for sponsoring. More sponsor announcements to come!

Portland Oregon is my hometown, and I am super excited to see everyone again this year + hopefully many new faces.

If you are attending, please fill out this Roster so we can get you the private comms channels & other info.

Let’s do this!

21 Likes
Carve PDX 2021
  • Hell yeah I’m coming!
  • Firm maybe, will cry if I miss it.
  • Naw, I’m just here for attention.

0 voters

4 Likes

I really wish I could make it up there this year! Sounds like it’s going to be an awesome event with all those rides and interesting things to do.

Next year I’ll make sure to block out those dates, and hopefully will be less busy.

Hopefully people post some pictures and stuff here in the thread so those of us that couldn’t make it get to see some stuff that went down

5 Likes

Sounds like a blast.

How do you guys send your boards if not driving - mail battery and check board ?

I’ve got 2 months of time off I need to use at some point and this wouldn’t be a bad excuse to use some especially since it’s on a weekend.

4 Likes

Yes. You can either ship your board/battery to Hoyt St Electric or myself. PM for details & hop in the chat.

4 Likes

I’m driving every board i can get running up there. so pumped. just ordered fresh tires.

11 Likes

Damn that’s a drive! Happen to be going through MN on the way?:rofl:

4 Likes

Are there any spots left in your backyard?

4 Likes

Mexican food? :eyes:

3 Likes

i’m here for the attention, but i’m crying that i’m missing it

7 Likes

Ugh gonna have to figure out how to send this fucking thing over

Thinking ; battery modules in a pelican case in the mail

Deck+electronics with no drivetrain in a rifle case, in the mail

Drivertrain in a suitcase with me on the plane.

Maybe also bring Playahaya

6 Likes

you can take your board with you as carryon

without batteries, matbe take the wheels off an shove in check in with clothes

5 Likes

More than that. They have all types of good food trucks (permanent) there. So good!

4 Likes

We have a Mercado restaurant here, assuming same Mercado! Highly recommend!

1 Like

Damn I wish I could go, I hope y’all post a bunch of pics for us bums that can’t make it.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s not. It’s a outdoor market with 10 or so food trucks lined up. They have a ton of different countries represented. Mostly South American if I remember right. I had a gangster burrito and my kid had a empanada.

4 Likes

His deck is 50 lbs or smthn

3 Likes

The whole build is. Idk about the deck, I should check

3 Likes

Who is @Skunk? Must be new lol.

As much as I’d love to make it, megadeth, lamb of god, trivium and hatebreed are taking priority. If plans fall through Carve is the fall back.

Edit: forgot about the other bands lol

5 Likes

mine is too :crazy_face:

3 Likes