| PlayaHaya | Air Travel Focused Build | Haya Deck

I’ve always wanted a Haya 92, they’re one of the most beautiful decks for esk8 IMO. The name has two meanings. Either “player hater” or “Beach Haya”

The goal here is to make something that can reliable get on an airplane in the US. Here are the parts I’m thinking about or already have.

• Deck
    Haya 92

• Wheels
    Trampa Superstar w Urbantreadz

• Trucks
    BN270

• Baseplates
    BN ADJ

• Motors
    FS6374

• Gear Drive
    BN-AT

• ESC
    Xenith

• Battery
    Modular 12s4p P42A

The only part of this build that’s actually interesting or a challenge is getting this battery in the mile-high club. I need help from you guys with this. The haya has pretty much no clearance for the batteries in the diameter dimension. So, whatever solution we come up with to make this pack modular cannot add anything to the diameter of the cell other than fish paper and heat-shrink.

8 Likes

Haya deck
Haya deck
Haya deck

13S with Xenith? That’s some balls of steel :eyes:

3 Likes

It’s been working great on my AT build so why not

If it blows up my xenith ill buy another and take out a Pgroup lol

3 Likes

im mostly paranoid about Vspikes

2 Likes

Yeah, I get concerned when at absolute full charge. After that, the risk is acceptable to me.

2 Likes

I believe most FAA will accept up to 4x <100wh battery packs on flight, and very few accept <150wh packs. What’s your plan ? That’s a sexy deck btw !

I usually fly delta. Here is their policy. Based on this I can have as many as 20 spare >100wh packs. So 13x 60Wh packs should be A-OK.

2 Likes

get some fancy stickers made that say “flight safe XXWH” or something like that, would make it less DIY looking

4 Likes

I need someone to do that for me, everything I make looks DIY :joy:

5 Likes

The problem is that our battery’s look like sticks of explosives to the untrained eye. Especially when there are wires sticking out. My suggestion would be to make the individual P packs enclosed with a 3d print or something. They should look like a bigger camera battery or something with just one connector sticking out.

They have no way of knowing the true capacity of the packs so in theory you can just write whatever on them.

4 Likes

I don’t think there is enough room in the Haya for that, but clean shrink wrapping and labeling would go a long way toward avoiding airport drama.

2 Likes

You could add a thicker seal at the side to increase the height by a few Millimeters.

1 Like

@jack.luis Checkout what @M.Hboards did with his travel pack. I think it looks great:

5 Likes

I may have to go with this idea

Because that PCB is at least 2mm thick. I’d love to go with PCB’s. I’d wrap it in blue heat shrink with a very nice and 100% truthful official looking sticker with all the specs. [60.48Wh 3.6v 4.2ah]

Edit: I did it.

Your website is excellent @BenjaminF :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks man :slightly_smiling_face: I worked really hard on it, so it’s nice to hear that folks like it.

6 Likes

Looks like the 13s4p will fit with room to spare. If there’s enough room I’d love to add a buck and accessories like lights and USB.

Also the wheels I’m using just came in

All I need to do is buy the drivetrain from @Boardnamics. Turns out I already have the bearings I need. So what’s the hold up, me?

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

How are you going to fit pneumatic wheels on a Haya? :eyes:

1 Like

Truck extenders :wink:

3 Likes

What bms are you going to use? Not that much Space left.