Carbon fiber deck + enclosure: what options are out there?

I want to know what options i have when it comes to a full carbon longboard deck and bottom mounted enclosure (no top boxes and mountainboards, sorry).

Main goal is to save on weight and be able to ride in wet weather without eventually ruining a wood deck.

2 Likes

First 2 options i see are trampa blank longboard deck (no enclosure) and a stripped down evolve carbon deck

Fiberglass is better than carbon, as it’s transparent to radio signals. A full carbon deck and enclosure isn’t a great idea unless you intend to mount the antenna on the outside somewhere, preferably on top.

5 Likes

Trampa is mostly fibreglass and quite heavy as a result.

1 Like

As long as it saves weight while being the same stiffness of a maple deck, i’m all for it. Receiver can be worked around or have a small channel drilled on top for it i assume

And i don’t see anyone making enclosures for their straight deck either. Only some for flex carveboards/mtb, and even those are unobtanium

1 Like

Plenty of options to make your own enclosure :+1: i just realised you are talking about their longboard. Im not sure if this shares the same composition as the carvers and mountainboard decks. So it’s possible my above statement is incorrect.

2 Likes

Here’s an option.
Made in the UK by a very skilled deck maker.
5 Likes

Hummie deck and BigBen enclosure? Sure, not full carbon, but really nice.

5 Likes

Seems like carbon coated wood (at least that’s what i get from the description).
No drop-through, battery pack options are 6s and 8s. Maybe it fits one of your enclosures?

1 Like

Beautiful combo indeed. It’s what i’m going to buy soon if nothing full carbon/fibreglass pops up.
Just hoping i can completely seal the wood since my city is rain, rain, and more rain

It would be great to have receiver located in davega module.

2 Likes

carbon parts have not been a priority for me since I add several pounds of weight in batteries and motors to whatever weight savings I got from the deck.

and it blocks radio signals
and it fails catastrophically instead of “more gradually”
and it’s expensive.

but yeah, I want one too, mostly for the look, lol

4 Likes

Davega is unobtanium as well as far as i know. I’m sure there is enough space inside though

1 Like

Thick enough so that if a corsa drives over it, the driver lays buttons in the seat and board barely scratches is ideal.

It’s expensive, but if you never need another one is it really?

Receiver can be put outside

I had a Radley deck here for a few weeks
I was thinking a bottom encloser just for the batterys and use the top encloser for the rest of you bits

1 Like

@Athrx
3 Likes
4 Likes

Now that looks sick. The tips are a big problem when trying to drag the board behind, but they can be shaved off i guess (or they’ll shave off naturally, heh).

Now what enclosure fits this damn thing?

@b264 too short i’m afraid. A longboard should be right up to my belt to carry easily without actually lifting. Plus, how do i fit pneumatics there?

1 Like

Enclosure would have to be probably made buy one of our amazing builders @BigBen @eBoosted @Sender and @glyphiks stuff is pretty awesome too

3 Likes