Carbon fiber deck + enclosure: what options are out there?

The Aileron 121C is their flagship. Have you seen modified ones with their new 5095 motors installed on? Like a frigging Ferrari :fire::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

As for the enclosure
why nobody consider Kevlar? You won’t have issues with receiver signals!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. Is a short 31" inch deck. But its an absolute beauty let me tell youđŸ”„.

Super sexy, super thin but strong and almost unbreakable

2 Likes

I own this deck. Its the same deck that Ownboard uses for their carbon AT. Its ok. Very light. It can fit a 12s3p 30q with smartbms and 2 focboxes.

Better pictures are here: (but dont buy from boundmotor, they are possibly connected to jed. Plus the owner of Esk8Supply is Nathan, and he’s a forum member and a pretty cool dude. Support him :love_you_gesture:)

3 Likes

My personal preference is the Zenith ofc
4 Likes

Oh silly me, I just remembered a nice carbon deck I used to dream about (and it comes with the size you are looking for). Always though it’ll be great to electrify one of them but never saw one converted for Esk8 before
 is the Hi5ber Makako! a full carbon 40" Drop-Through longboard made for push and cruise. It comes with variable tub concave and upward flares. Super ergonomic and comfortable for your feet.

Hi5ber is well known in our forums for other popular models which have been converted before like the 36" Zenith full carbon deck.

3 Likes

what kind of inserts did you use?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075WTSYBC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hoUlFbN5WP484

2 Likes

did you counterbore it at all? top of the deck looks super clean

This.
Most of the weight isn’t from the deck.
It’s motor and battery.
Waterproofing risks are not limited to the deck also, see some of @b264 builds for nuclear solutions.

3 Likes

That looks awesome. What enclosure is that? How much battery can it fit?

@BigBen, if someone sends you the blank deck, are you able to make an enclosure for it using the moulds you already have? Let’s assume the trampa longboard deck. Straight and with only 5° bend on it’s width

1 Like

that’s an @eBoosted enclosure, I fit 11s5p in there with dual Escapes

@deltazeta it’s under the grip

2 Likes