Cannonball run Baesk8 event

Oh shit Sof is here, get ready for a Bible smackdown of professionalism

2 Likes

This branch of the thread is going nowhere. So if you believe this is exactly the same situation as the car version of Cannonball, run with that and Iā€™ll stick to my viewpoint.

Iā€™m sorry Wing, thereā€™s no ā€œbasicallyā€ about it. Itā€™s a law, that part is plain and simple. Itā€™s a law that can be enforced on a dime to prevent you and everyone else who enjoys riding their boards from ever doing it again.

I highly doubt that any of you set out to break laws when you decided to run this event but this argument is akin to wearing helmets int hat you just donā€™t seem to appreciate that running this event risks esk8 for EVERYONE. Defending it based on not being able to control individuals means that youā€™re ineffective at running it and it should stop.

I suggest zero tolerance and that every single person who was found through the hundreds of hours of video evidence should be excluded from participating in the event in the future. That will but a dead end to it happening again.

You made rules right? Enforce them.

3 Likes

@Kellag @KfromtheBay calm down here. We still need to go to the Lancaster race end of month.

4 Likes

That race is gonna be sick :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Lol nah

The video is up there and is pretty clear. Stop defending and try to find ways of making a better event. I am not attacking anyone specifically (apart from that RION guy) but just trying to stop anyone dying during these events. Now chill little brother or stop commenting.

Francisco is here.

1 Like

Alright Iā€™m out. I just have zero patience for personal attacks. Or thatā€™s how I perceived them. I understand the community is upset at the optics. Hopefully the city(SF) will work with organizers in the future to create a safe and citizen friendly version of this event.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s precisely what I was trying to do with my first comment. I should have stopped there and not gone back and forth. Itā€™s a bad look. Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

šŸ¤· everyone is allow to have their own opinion. Iā€™m not trying to convince you guys that what we did is 100% absolutely right. And we can agree to disagree. Laws written but always up to how you interpret it. We donā€™t live in an authoritarian society so zero tolerance policy is never gona happen. Itā€™s like saying abstinence is the best way to prevent pregnancy but you know they are still gona fuck.

5 Likes

Bro we are all a part of the community and this thread was not meant to upset but to highlight that some things are out of your control while organising an event.
Its always the 1% that fuck it for all the rest.

Peace sunshine.

3 Likes

This would be the tits. Hopefully thatā€™s a possibility.

5 Likes

I agree, but also you gotta start somewhere. once we have more traction, we can perhaps get permits from the city to run similar or better events with more safety in mind.

Everything starts small and ghetto until you are big enough for the city to care.:crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

There we have it. An option which highlights the amazing safety concerns that the community has. This is good press.

Just putting my word in here. If the organizers make it absolutely clear that they do not encourage, or condone illegal activity, thereā€™s no real threat to the existence of the event. Iā€™ve been running all sorts of car rallies (cannonball is on the list), most relevant being the Montecarlo or point to point races. The rules are always the same.

• The event does not require any illegal activity to win, not does it encourage it.
  • Any illegal activity conducted on view of the race organisers will result in disqualification.

These rallies have been around since before the original cannonball run. The organizers and their events for those events set a precedent here. Rule 2 has really saved the events. Now they exist only in the most obscure circles.of automotive enthusiasts :frowning:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve ridden with the baesk8 group before, and was amazed at how responsible and aware the riders were about traffic and pedestrians. It was a calm, relaxed, and respectful environment that I found extremely welcoming.

The video that I just saw violently contradicts the experiences that I had. It seems to me that this is a great idea, however it was gone about in a way that puts people in a lot of danger. Such is the nature when you call it a ā€œcannonballā€ race.

@Winfly I am choosing to see your perspective and hope that the footage we saw was a one-off example of a guy with a much more powerful vehicle than most, and I hope that @sofu, @Kellag, and the other major members of baesk8 can work together and encourage the group to minimize this kind of riding.

Winning a race is not worth anyoneā€™s life.

9 Likes

Isle of Man TT. Closed circuit.
Monte Carlo grand prix closed circuit.

Lets not hang our balls out for someone to snip them off is all I am saying.

Thanks benny, hope school is going well

2 Likes