Cannonball run Baesk8 event

Well I have just watched a video of footage from the Baesk8 cannonball run event.
While I applaud the idea its not doing us any favours guys.
Watch this please and tell me how doing this kind of street race shit is helping in our quest to be considered a feasible and safe means of transport?

Skip till the second day because the first day looked like closed area racing with some great footage.

Racing through city streets during the day is suicide and someone will die leaving the rest of us to pick up the pieces.

Responsibility lies with the organisers of this event. You can not organise a race across a busy city without attracting idiots who care nothing for their own safety and in relation damage the public perception of our pastime.
Someone will die if you do this again.
@sofu @topcloud and the rest of the baeskate crew.
Think carefully before the next event.

(Mod Edit)
Solution:

12 Likes

I agree with this what I saw in this video

Multiple overtakings of cars
Running red lights
Reckless riding

And according to @evoheyax’s post in 2016

These boards must not go over 15mph in a public area. Also boards must not be able to go above 20mph.

This video was embarrassing to watch honestly, not much better than a casey video.

1 Like

I get California is lenient but yah, this stuff makes it very easy for lawmakers to see and be like “shits dangerous, I want my votes from soccer moms so lets ban this”

4 Likes

100% agreed.

This is a shitshow unfortunately guys. You’re going to get all your friends banned from riding their boards, do this often enough and that is a guarantee.

2 Likes

I also agree. Some of the riding in that video is irresponsible and wreckless. There is a reason that almost all Motorsports are done on private land or closed roads. Esk8 raceing should be no different.

2 Likes

Another day
Another thread
gopph

7 Likes

Yeah, I had anxiety watching that second race. I’m glad no one got hurt, but it’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

Give us your thoughts Kelly not trolling. This is important and you as a long time respected member should have some insight worth sharing.

Fuck.

7 Likes

They were pretty much hoping no cars would come the opposite way, yes they were going against traffic. I remember hearing someone say they had to stop because there was traffic, Idk if that was cars or foot traffic (pedestrians)

1 Like

We blocked the road for every heat and then opened it in between

5 Likes

And @topcloud is a lovely man but not affiliated with us in baesk8 or had anything to do with the race

2 Likes

In a low traffic area its fine. I’m not the fun police. Carefully monitored racing in a park area is what this is all about but flying through the streets of SF during the day is crazy. I had my doubts before the event and now they have been justified. That RION guy is a fucking idiot who will ruin it for all of us across the world.

Is no one gonna compliment my fanny pack at 2:36?

10 Likes

Hi Georgie

4 Likes

Let’s just take a moment to dial back the paranoia and provide some constructive criticism and open conversation. No need to have an all out attack on the organizers that called for riders to obey all traffic laws and respect pedestrians. This was an excellent idea and unfortunately humans are gonna human. When amped up on adrenaline and competitive nature we can do silly things. Again the organizers called for everyone to act in a civil and orderly way

8 Likes

Makes no sense because in your statement you address the fact that humans will be humans so in that vein do not organise an event that will allow humans to be humans

2 Likes

Thanks for your constructive criticism

2 Likes

Happy they didn’t ban cars after this

7 Likes

Wing you been typing forever, get in here :joy:

5 Likes