Cannonball run Baesk8 event

First of all, San Francisco has a history with Alley Cat racing. If you dont know what it is, it’s the same thing for messenger bikers, blowing through red lights and open road to get from point A to point B. we didn’t invent this race format. For alley cat, it’s established and an annual sanctioned event. We are trying to establish our own and ofc if you don’t run first and show the city that we are serious we will not be able to get approval in the future.

There guidelines to follow the traffic rules. And yeah, the nature of this kind of race encourage participant to run through red lights and stop signs. But it doesn’t mean it can’t be done safely. The start and finish point are pre-defined and we encourage participant to find what they think is the best route across the city. We also provided a recommended route where you would cut through big part of the city in closed off lanes through the park. I would say if you have just followed the route and traffic laws, you can get decent time.

We organize grouprides every Saturday and we go fast and sometimes break some rules and we are aware of public opinion and safety. We try to follow the laws as much as possible and we certainly do stop for traffic and hold off traffic for our big group.

7 Likes

I’ll give you that mate. In the advert for the race @sofu stated:

So looking forward then… how do you stop cocks from breaking both your rules and risking PEV racing/riding for everyone?

The nature of this event does not encourage people to be sensible I fear.

2 Likes

We have spotters along the strip all on radio to coordinate and block off the road before every heat of race.

Actually we are very friendly with the park rangers. We see them every week and they were there spectating at the Saturday drag race event.

5 Likes

This is not an effective argument at all. Cars were already hugely accepted as a form of transport with billions of dollars of lobbyist resources behind them and zero chance of getting legislated to death.

3 Likes

Honestly we don’t stop cocks, you can just make the rules and hope for the best. And honestly, that’s ok. Electric skateboards are dangerous and so is riding them in traffic, there’s definitely a gangster element and we can set rules and hope that people adhear to them, but at the end of the day it’s up to the individual how they’re going to ride and act.

3 Likes

Thats an oxymoron. Emphasis on the moron.

Just because there are rules doesn’t mean everyone is gona follow. That’s just the nature of the laws.

Sounds like a personal attack. Pls stay on topic.

8 Likes

my b.

9 Likes

Instead of providing any useful feedback all you do is attack people’s statement with an abrasive attitude and insults. Well done

3 Likes

Lol just so you know. Basically most boards are illegal if you follow those ancient laws.

You can bike faster than 20mph.

9 Likes

Agree with this. Let’'s try to keep this on the high road in terms of name calling and using phrases like paranoia.

3 Likes

So if cars did this in their infancy they would have never gone mainstream?

1 Like

Again, this is not an effective argument. The only correlation here is the use of the name “Cannonball.”

Missing the point though. The rules werent just broken by a small margin. But people actively took the piss by riding 30mph+ and running reds.

1 Like

Please note that this video is footage of riders Rion Scooters. Those scooters are on the extreme end. The 100V one can go up to 100mph. So it’s not a fair representation of the race at all.

3 Likes

Are you denying that fact that there is a great possibility that PEVs are the transportation of the future? All I’m trying to get at is that

May be a slight exaggeration

1 Like

Lets not be evasive here. What happened was dangerous. It was, but to be specific, the organisers of this event have to be accountable.

I get you’re butt hurt but the community at large is more important than your feelings.
@Winfly I apologise for you misunderstanding the moron thing. It was not you but the moron that posted that video I was referring to. This is the whole point of this thread because no matter how well you organise things there will always be a moron.

this is my thread dude. I get to say whats on topic.

1 Like

This. If you want esk8 footage, Pete from Hoyt has go pro footage and it’s way more calm than those scooters.

4 Likes

Who is really butt hurt here? I’ll use that term since you were so generous to toss it out to begin with. You are throwing a tantrum and attacking anybody that tries to provide a little insight into the workings of this event

3 Likes

Here’s my metr recording of my run. I came in 2nd. So here’s a better perspective of the esk8 race.

5 Likes