Cannonball run Baesk8 event

I appreciate everyone keeping this civil.

5 Likes

I want tacos and honestly without supervision I ride like a lunatic. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t post footage. That video definitely isnā€™t a great look for the community.
Seemed like a rad event tho, but maybe some rule enforcement was in order.

7 Likes

Fuck you bill :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, fuck me.

3 Likes

I completely understand what you are saying. Iā€™m disconnected from the event though and so are my comments.

The first person who rides a scooter through the middle of a pedestrian crossing at 30mph and kills a child will destroy PEV racing in the media. The event might be ā€œfineā€ but it wonā€™t really will it?

7 Likes

With how long @sofu has been typing Iā€™m starting to think her and @topcloud are secretly the same personā€¦ have they been seen in the same room before?

6 Likes

True and quite frankly I go fast but never run lights and stop signs without looking. Actually, I forget to look for cops sometimes and breeze through some red lights but they are usually cool about it. A good wave and sorry does the job.

3 Likes

Ya but idk we might by clones

3 Likes

Wrong type of Monte Carlo Rally,

http://tsdrally.blogspot.com/2006/07/monte-carlo-style-rally.html

If youre anywhere near Los Angeles come joing our next event. Any cars welcome. Its a truly historic sport that is slowly fading. Gone are the Grand full ballroom high roller events. Now its just a bunch of weirdos driving around the country measuring time in hundretths of seconds
Into the Night Rallye Team

3 Likes

Letā€™s keep @topcloud out of this. Karl did not take part in organizing. He simply happy for us that we have a successful event and no body got seriously injured. 1 person fell on a boosted for Cannonball and a few fell at the drag race.

4 Likes

excellent

Is joke

2 Likes

Lol fucking scooter kids

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be honest I think yā€™all are overreacting.

Take into account SFā€™s history of counter culture and rule breaking. Bikers have run alleycats here since the 80s. Thatā€™s hundreds of bikers running through traffic breaking all traffic rules. Was illegal, still is. Did the city ban bikes? Nah. The race got big enough the city started sanctioning them, and now we have a huge bike lane movement.

Skaters do the Dolores hill bomb every 7/11 which is three blocks of downhill. They do it through traffic, illegally. Does the city ban skaters? Nah. The city unofficially sanctions the event now and build skate parks and stuff.

Bay to Breakers happens every year where people illegally mob the streets on foot or any transportation known to man from the piers all the way to the beach. Does the city ban foot traffic? No, the event is unofficially sanctioned now.

Letā€™s look at the facts. For the Saturday event, I emailed and called the park service for permission to close down a road. They said they canā€™t because of schedule, but we can do whatever if we have spotters and people stopping traffic. We did, itā€™s fine. Park rangers were even present and watching the races. Weā€™re on very good terms with them. For Sunday, I contacted SFMTA to discuss a route closure. I was ready to put down almost $4k of my own money for the permit. They declined but didnā€™t explicitly have a problem with the concept. We started at one end of the city and set the destination to the other. We put out guidelines saying please follow them.

Weā€™re trying to start something and you can disagree with the movement, but an argument made anywhere where people point at one video and go like ā€œhey that guy is being reckless letā€™s apply this to everybody and ban themā€ isnā€™t gonna hold at all. Its ridiculous. If it were true everything everywhere would be banned. Itā€™s a Cannonball race. Itā€™s a race format as old as transportation. As @Agressivstreetlamp said we followed the original cannonball and alleycat format. Itā€™s how itā€™s done. Weā€™re gonna run it again next year and will apply for permits earlier than this year and hope we get them. We may or may not, who knows. We can also DQ anybody who is provably disobeying traffic laws next year. I think thatā€™s a good next step and itā€™s regrettable we didnā€™t enforce it this year. Iā€™m one person though and saying I should be held accountable for everybody who breaks guidelines is a bit much no?

That being said, tsk tsk yā€™all not following the guidelines. Iā€™m very disappointed at you bad children :triumph: idk Iā€™m tired and over it this year see yā€™all next year peace :v:

23 Likes

If you blow through a crowded pedestrian crossing, youā€™re a choch in my book.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t watch the video because I saw scooters. Fuck scooters. Iā€™ll leave those to the moms and dads with mid life crisisā€™s. If baesk8 or whoever the fuck they are is a scooter crew, fuck them anyways. Just buy their dumb bikini and move along. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey bro too fucking farā€¦our bikini is sweet ok

5 Likes

Ill be in that bikini next year for the race. Try to stop me, I dare you

5 Likes

Here is the TL:DW version

4 Likes

This is the most accurate answer in the whole thread btw

2 Likes

Karlā€™s an adult, Iā€™m sure he can speak for himself.

@Winfly @sofu this event was epic, you likely put countless hours into its conception and organisation and itā€™s commendable. Itā€™s clear that a small percentage of the riders went too far and thatā€™s the nature of things.

No one wants it to stop Iā€™m sure but as organisers I seriously suggest getting ahead of this kind of behaviour and enforce your rules. These people apparently have zero respect for you or the future of your event. They are now spewing this out on social media and setting a tone for next year.

Straight up exclude them and lay the law down.

4 Likes