Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Flat and cupped washers are very useful tools to have in you tuning toolbox. Depending on the setup, I will often use flats in front and cups in the rear truck but as a general guide, if you want more resistance or a faster ramp up in resistance, use a cupped washer, if you want more range and less resistance, go with the flats

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

OK @Chaki, can you give me an idea of how it handles currently? What issues are confronting you? Wheelbite? To loose? Unstable? Turns too much?

No whellbite it wobbles at 25 so i had to tighten the kingpin nuts as hard as i can and still be able to turn. but i want a more softer turn and be able to ride safe at 25 mph (~40km/h). I want a softer surn setup and be safe at 25.

I ride a stiff 36" downhill bord.
i’m sorry for the limitid knowlege iv only riden ESK8 i dont have a longboarding backround.

1 Like

No need to apologize, I am glad you are open to ideas. The best way to accomplish what you want to do is to allow the front to turn easier than the rear. This will usually keep you out of trouble. We weigh about the same do I would suggest either KranK 93 or APS 95a Canons front and back. Run flat washers up front and cupped in the rear. You can also switch the rear 50 degree base plate for a 44 degree and use the same bushing setup

Hey, here’s the picture of the bushing seat. Both side of the hanger have the same bushing seat.

1 Like

OK based on what I see the hangers will accept Cones, Canons, Barrels and FatCones but not Chubbys. I am surprised the Magnums fit well, must be the same thing going on in the TB 218’s . In any event running a KranK 93a Canon / KranK 93 Magnum front and a KranK 96a Canon / KranK 93 Magnum may not be properly balanced. Try moving things around a bit and run a KranK 93a Canon / KranK 96a Canon front and a Krank 93 Magnum / KranK 96a Magnum rear. I think you are restricting the front too much. if that is still too much up front, change to a KranK 96a Canon / KranK 93a Canon. Just so you know, I list bushings Roadside / Boardside

1 Like

So harder roadside than boardside?
Isn’t it usually the other way around?

1 Like

This is skating so…no rules :). If you look at my response, I first suggested Softer / Harder but if that is too hard and you want more play, reverse them to Harder / Softer or you can replace any cupped washers with flats for more play.

4 Likes

I know this why I got confused.
I have never tried it that way. When I want softer, I just drop a duro.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to use what you have and just rearrange them for a different, more desirable result!

2 Likes

Lol, I just buy every duro you make.
I prefer WFB to Krank though.

2 Likes

Awesome I’ll play with it and see how it feels. Thanks!

1 Like

Please let us know what you find @RedBaron

1 Like

@RipTideSports super noob question - my bushings only came with 2 flat washers so I have one per truck. Do these go boardside or roadside? Currently running your big flat washers boardside and orangatang flat washers roadside.

will switching these make any difference? Thanks!

holy crapballs,
Wading through the two forum threads these last weeks, went ahead and puchased a solid benjamin (EU equivilent…Baroques?) worth of pivot cups, bushings, washers and risers …@RipTideSports you are the man and these threads are gold for tuning anyones ride. another order made will be made tomorrow to upgrade the rest of my boards.

Me: ~200lbs
Board- Landyatch wolfshark 2012
Trucks: torqueboard 218, ollinboard popoca
upgrades:
Rubber 10 degree risers
Pivot cups - riptide 96 A
boardside Atlas tophat washer, 96 cannon
roadside flat Atlas washer, origial cone (not sure of duro or make)
first ride today was night and day difference. smooth even sweeps. agile and stable while rolling like butter

other companies offer ranges of packs to dial in your ride. you ever think you might be up for something like that?

Call it 218 special - riders 140+ with torquboard 218s

1x pair each of
93 krank cannon
96 krank cannon,
93 krank magnum
96 krank magnum
1x set of 96a pivot cups
1x eskate riser
4 flat large washers
4 cupped large washers

do a flat $70 shipped

or better yet get together with @torqueboards and he could just sell these with this kit. just thinking out loud.

gonna change out pivot cups on my hummie set-up and mout it next (paris base plates) and have a spud commuter will need some work as well.

anywho, thanks for all you do!!

3 Likes

Will these work for me?

Hey everyone!

I’ve recently (1 ride out of 1 in the last few weeks) experienced that when I go over a manhole cover or bump, the back of my board wobbles a lot. Was pretty scary tbh. I experienced it about 4 times on my 5km run…

It’s definitely also worth noting that I only get the wobbles when going 35-40 km/h. Doesn’t happen when I’m cruising around 25-30 km/h

I’m curious whether it could be fixed by swapping my truck washers? (only thing I have available rn)

My current setup is:

Front= board and road side: 87A riptide Krank canon bushings with flat washer.

Rear: board and road side: 87A riptide Krank canon bushings with cupped washer

My pivot cups are riptide 96A for Caliber II.

My base plates are 50 degree Caliber II.

My hangers are TB218.

I know I could just go ahead and swap them out and go for a ride, but would appreciate some input first (even though I probably just end up swapping them before any inputs lol)

Anyway, I’m also open to getting completely new bushings.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks guys and ride safe!

1 Like

Maybe try a Randal baseplate on the rear.

1 Like

Should probably mention im in the EU…

But thanks though! Will look into it.

1 Like