Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

I’m open to experiment. I would just really like to avoid getting slammed again, even though it was on a horrible set up when it happened. I’ve been able to recover from wobbles lots of times before but this last one really shook me. I may have overcompensated this go.

I’ll probably put the 93 in the back and go down one more step in the front.

Try something closer to 90 on the front.
Increasing truck angles decreases leverage and vice versa so for example 90duro bushings feel stiffer on a 53 degree baseplate compared to a 33degree.

1 Like

I see, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Perhaps it is late, but I read your set up 3 times and still do not know exactly what the set up is bushing wise, can you post pictures?

Hi @RipTideSports

This is my build

I’m yet to ride it but the stock bushings that come with the eCaliber trucks are defo too loose… I’ve got a half inch riser running 97mm flywheels so wheel bite is a concern…

I’ve tightened up the kingpin nut to experiment with with stiffening the setup but find that the bushing pops out from the cup when I test this… So they’re defo too soft.

Ride style wise I’m a heavy leaner (90-100kg) lots of back foot heel and toe force… (wake boarding style?) I’ll be using this for a day to day cruiser that carves under aggressive input… For tighter turning situations ill be using the kick to pop the front to pivot for a turn… If you get my drift…

Does that help?
Chur my bro!

1 Like

Hey, looking at your site I was pretty off on my original post. the bushings I’m using are as follows.

93a crank magnum board side. crank cannon 96 rear, 93 front roadside with large cup washer roadside and large washer boardside.

1 Like

Now I am confused too. So:

Rear
BS: krank magnum 93
RS: krank Canon 96

Front
BS: krank magnum 93
RS: krank Canon 93

If that is the case, I would go with
Rear: all 96
Front: all 90

and tune from there.
I would only use the magnum in the board side.

1 Like

Yep that’s it.

Hi Brad. What’s the Paris v2 counterpart of this?

1 Like

Canon / Magnum for Paris

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, we have been swamped. I will put some thought into this today!

1 Like

No worries take your time. With the current set up, it feels super stable at 35mph, but turning radius is a little too big for my taste. Most of that comes from how long the wheel base on my board is I think.

1 Like

Heavy rider 85-90 kg. Got a short board Like the jet Spud 30" got Caliber ll E 50° trucks stock bushings.
I want to make sharp turns and be stable when going 23-25 mph.

Extra info: 85mm Caguamas. like 2mm shockpads.

2 Likes

I currently have a Yocaher drop down 42" deck, i’m using the stock bushings from Caliber II on Torque Boards 218 trucks. I would like a little more stability when riding above 15mph. I weigh 194lbs, i have the bushings really tight to avoid the speed wobbles.
What bushings combinations including duro can i use to work for me?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

1 Like

OK, @RedBaron, I am not familiar with the hangers you are referencing, can you post pictures of the bushing seats?

3 Likes

OK @JamieT, manuals are you thing? Chubbys are a good boardside rear solution because of their size; nice, fat and plush so I think KranK 96a is a good choice. Try this, Canon / FatCone front in KranK 93 and a Canon in KranK 93a / Chubby in KranK 96a. If you want to go this way and order from us, just order a pair of KranK Canons in 93a and a pair of Chubbys in KranK 96a but ask us to make the Chubby pair a mix of a Chubby in 96 and a FatCone in 93a

1 Like

@Chaki can you tell me what base plate angles you are running?

Hey @Tampaesk8er, I would suggest a Canon / Magnum combination front and back in KranK 93a. You can set it up symmetrically or asymmetrically to get the feel that you are looking for:

Roadside bushing / Boardside bushing configurations below

Symmetrical:
Canon / Magnum front and back
Magnum / Canon front and back

Asymmetrical:
Magnum / Canon front, Canon / Magnum rear
Canon / Canon front, Magnum / Magnum rear.

1 Like

Yes both are 50°.

Thanks heaps @RipTideSports

Your enthusiastic help is amazing… Please have a beer!

I’ve PM’d you… But ill take you advice and order more bushings… I also grabbed a set of standard and cupped washers… Any recommendations on their arrangement?

1 Like