Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

No worries, not a fail, this stuff is not easy!

2 Likes

Just got the exact bushings you recommended (93a Krank riptide barrels) with flat washers in the front, two cups in the rear. The stability is amazing. I think my board is perfect (for now) might want to experiment and try different things in the future.

My board behaves just the way I asked for. I can only turn “easily” when going 20 kmh/h+ at lower speeds than that it is stiff like a plank :smiley: but that is great. I don’t mind putting my whole body into it when turning at lower speeds. Really what I was after is being able to just put on full safety gear and blast off to work at 40 km/h and this will be great for that.

This setup also gives me some room for experimentation. I can change out the rear for flats and loosen the front a bit if I want to turn more. Before I just had my board as stiff as I could get it…

I even bent one of my flat washers somehow from the pressure :open_mouth: had to use both hands and my feet to the rear bushings off, and they looked nasty. This time I will not need to over tighten :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Try the experiment in riding Front Wheel Drive - you’ll be even more blown away.

No harm trying as only the Revel Kit has this ability to. Other DIY setups would be a real hassle. But flip the front bushings to become the rear ones if you do go ahead to try

Hey I have a Boardnamics 220mm hanger + Caliber Baseplates (50D) set up on a 40" Hummie Deck and currently need some bushings for it, I need a setup that will do 40+ mph but still carve well, I’m a pretty light person weighing in at 125 LB’s, what would you recommend for the rear and front trucks, I also need some washers to go along with that :smiley:

1 Like

@AlanZhou, 50 degrees front and back and you want to go 40+ MPH? How much skating experience do you have?

2 Likes

36+ on a lacroix, 44+ on a uni (not sure if this counts :sweat_smile:), 35 on a craptor

That is not much for me to go on. It takes a lot of experience to safely and consistently go 40+ on a 50 degree symmetrical setup.

3 Likes

the raptor felt slow at 35mph on a 50/50 setup super stable, im not really worried about wobbles that much.

Held around 34mph on my hummie’s 195 paris 50/50 91a bushing’s stable for around 3/4 of a mile

OK, I am going to suggest a plush setup, all KranK 87a : Canon / FatCone front and Canon / Chubby for the back. This should get you where you want to be.

2 Likes

Thanks! will be ordering soon.

1 Like

If you do not want extra bushings, just order a pair of Canons and Chubbys and leave a note on the order to make the Chubby pair a mix of a FatCone and a Chubby

1 Like

Done, ordered :smiley:

thanks for the help

1 Like

Are you sure it went through?

1 Like

I am guessing you tried this. What difference does it make? I have tried it without adjusting bushings (obviously not ideal).

You make me curious, but I would like to know what to expect.

1 Like

Insane stability at high speeds, if you let go of the throttle at high speed at neutral, there wont be any hint of speed wobbles normally associated with a sudden drop in acceleration with rear mounted motors

There’s a whole thread on this subject and we should head over there as this is off topic to this thread - Front Wheel Drive Discussion

2 Likes

Yup. Order #19600

1 Like

OK thanks, found it. Normally I receive notification but I found it in the system! Will ship today.

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve got a 40 inch Kracked Skulls Scimitar with Caliber 2 184mm 50 degree trucks on half inch risers and stock bushings (89a). I weigh 155 and am 6 feet tall.

I think I got the board in 2016 so the bushings are now terrifyingly soft. I want to massively improve stability especially at speed. I’m getting ridiculous speed wobbles whenever I let off the power on the esk8, kind of like lift off over-steer in a car. I’ve been thinking about running wedges to reduce the angle of my rear truck and increase the angle of the front trucks.

Thoughts?

Also, thank you so much for helping!

1 Like

OK, @richcriminal are you top mounting or dropthrough mounting it? As for wedging and de-wedging, it will be much easier to do top mounted and I would use a flat riser up front (50 degrees turns enough) and de-wedge the rear at least 10 degrees.

1 Like

Top mounted currently.

1 Like