Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

K it’s not aweful but still bit wobbly at the back at high speed

I do not think one has been made yet…I hope I m not forgetting anyone.

2 Likes

Hello there!
I have boardnamics hangers (longer with a shorter turning radius) running caliber 2 base plates.
Running the original bushings that came with the 50 degree caliber 2 trucks.
Planning on higher speeds, cruising 20-30 mph, looking for a stable, well rounded bushing that prevents speed wobbles but still allows reasonable turning. ‘Snappiness’ and carving are not a necessity.
Deck is roughly 40” long, drop deck, good cg
I weight around 155 pounds.
Looking to replace the stock Garbo white bushings

As seen, larger bn hanger is replacing the original hanger, but the 50 degree base plate remains.

The kind pins are symmetrical (nut side of the kingpin is pointed to the outside of the board on both ends.)

OK so the Beercan deck does not have any camber? They are 50 degrees front and back?

It has some but minimal camber on the deck, say 5 degrees. So I’m guessing that changes it to 55 from the original 50 degrees of the calibers.

1 Like

@RipTideSports

Which barrel bushing would give me a tad more stability on my board then it’s Blue barrel deck side and blue cone roadside in the front?

Blue is 85a so try the White which is 87a KranK or the Pink which is 87.5a APS. Yellow is APS 90, Green is KranK 90 and the Burgundy is KranK 93a. Orange is either KranK 84 or APS 80, hard to tell from the picture.

1 Like

So if it is the same front and back, they are both de-wedged 5 degrees leaving you with a symmetrical 45 degree setup. Is that how you want to leave it @Rob?

1 Like

Yup, u got it. that’s how I plan on keeping it

1 Like

Thanks so much man!

1 Like

OK you you might want to set up the front differently then the rear if you want maneuverability at slow speeds and stability at high speeds. For your weight, I would dial it in with a Canon / FatCone front and a Canon / Chubby rear, all in KranK 87a.

3 Likes

Awsome, thanks for the help man! I’m not very familiar at all with the sizing of bushings :sweat_smile: but they should fit no problem?
There is a step up level on the bushing that the canons don’t have.
Caliber style/fit bushing:

I would think they are vital to the fit and stability of the hanger around the kingpin, am I missing something?
Canons:

As you can see, there is no lip, and the gap between the hanger and the kingpin would be a void for movement… I must be missing something

The step is not vital and skating has thrived without. If a bushing fits the king pin and the bushing seat, there is no slop

4 Likes

@bwahl602

And SR TKP baseplates are meant to be 45 degrees.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m currently riding split, 50 degrees rear and maybe 35 up front (adjustable setup), double barrel Venom SHR (94a rear and 91a front), with flat washers all around. I’m 185 lbs.

The ride is loose at center, with a hard stop when leaning. It feels like I’m running into a wall. I want a more flowy ride, while also maintaining stability at 25-27 mph. Currently its pretty solid at 32 mph. I want it a little more buttery and am willing trade in some of my stability at higher speed. Thanks!

1 Like

I hope you have your base plate angle description backwards

2 Likes

Yup! I wrote that backwards!

1 Like

What trucks are you using?

I’m using TB 218 mated to Bowery Surf adjustable plates.

1 Like

@RipTideSports Brad, just wanted to ask something about bushing washers, do you have any experience with CNC washers? And are they superior to regular steel washers?

I’m asking because I am thinking to get a set of the CNC ones from Exway as they just started selling them separately.

1 Like