Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Yes they are, I will try that. Also, I still have my old caliber bushings. Maybe I could use them in some combination?

1 Like

I use standard Caliber II trucks @44degrees with default white (90a?) cone/barrel setup and its pretty solid under 25mph but it gets sketchy above there and im only 140lbs so I was thinking of dewedging the back 7-10degrees however Im sure I could improve on the standard bushings and pivot cups. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

1 Like

@RipTideSports, I have sr tkp and the will go on the jet killshot when it gets here. 80mm axles. I am 215lbs and 6’4. I have ridden indys my whole life as I came from street skating. I also surf a lot. I want the trucks to feels very flowy, but responsive. Oh they are also on adjustable baseplates. What would be a good starting setup for them. Will ride 97s and also 6.5 trampa treads. Thanks!

1 Like

If they are the insert version with a raised detail on the Barrel, you will not have much you can do. If it is a cone / barrel setup, you can reverse the position of the front pair to use the barrel roadside and the cone boardside for a looser front end. Be cautious of wheel bite

Thanks for that. Finally what Riptide bushings would you recommend for me. I may still order some.

Hey @Makio13, are the trucks coming with bushings in them? If so, do you know what color or duro and shape?

The are surf rodz barrels bs and cones ss. Their hard durometer. The ones that came with the trucks. Thanks!

2 Likes

That is a difficult question to answer since we do not have a datapoint to work from. I suggest trying the stock bushings at various symmetrical base plate angles to see if stock works for what you want to do. If not, or if you want to go with a split setup (steeper angle up front compared to the rear) we will likely need to change things up a bit shapewise as well as possibly durometer

1 Like

Hey guys, I would like a second opinion, split angles for the hummie, 50/35 or 45/35?

1 Like

Hey Brad (@RipTideSports ), hope all is well my dude!
Been playing around on a short commuter all summer, but I’ve finally collected all the parts I’m gonna need for a more serious build I have planned for the winter. Starting from scratch, so no baseline comparison, but I know what I’m looking for.

@Boardnamics Precision 220mm Cal II hangers with @rey8801 Hammock adj. baseplates. These are both caliber based measurements.

No bushing or pivot cups yet

Looking for stability at speed, but still some nice feeling carve ability. Maybe slightly snappy rebound?

This board will be set up for speed/ distance. Likely more speed lol

On a Haya V1 so wheel bite might be a thing. Hoping the longer hangers and the baseplates will help.

I will weigh shy of 200 lbs while riding fully packed up.

So pivot cups. Was going to get the 95a’s is there much difference to the 96’s? What angles would you recommend on the plates? Would also love a few bushing recommendations. I plan to have both sides double barrel. Maybe a roadside cone in the front. Depending on your thoughts.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

3 Likes

Nice @Lionpuncher, and @RipTideSports I need a recommendation for Boardnamics 220’s and Hammocks as well!

But I come in at about 165 pounds, and I wish I had the Haya.

2 Likes

Whose was the first opinion?

Hey @Lionpuncher, still lots of unknowns but I can say a couple of things up front. I suggest sticking with the 96a cups as the best all around choice for any trucks and they are available in more places for more trucks worldwide. For an effective speed split, 10 degrees minimum since you have adjustable. Keep in mind, the Bordnamics adjustable does not rotate around the axle so you will need various height risers to compensate for axle height differences of the different angles available if you want a horizontal board when complete. Get a 10 pack of 1/8" risers or something to mess with. As for bushings, get a range of KranK Barrels (.975") or Canons (.985") based on the diameter of the bushing seat hangers as I know they have not finalized the seat dimensions yet. Get KranK 96a, 93a and 90a to work with and have Cupped and flat washers available.

1 Like

Let me know if you can apply my response to @Lionpuncher for your use. 4 you, Skip the 96a and add the 87a

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help. I shall be placing an order very soon.

1 Like

Thx Brad, I appreciate the help.

1 Like

I am about 140lbs with gears on. I have a set of surfrodz RKP 200mm hanger and 80mm axle. They are going onto the Landyachtz evo. Both will have 45 degree baseplates. Which gives me 60 degree in the front and 30 degree in the back. I want the most stable setup for around 40mph with no speed wobbles. I will get some 10 degree wedge raiser to turn down the angle in the front to 50.

Which bushing setups would give me the most amount of stability?

Thanks!

@RipTideSports Brad responded:

1 Like

So, I finally was able to test out my board and am definitely in need of new bushing. I’m going to buy some new pivot cups as well, because the stock bushings on the TorqueBoards 218s are really no good.

1. TorqueBoards 218mm trucks on a SkateShred 40" Drop Down Deck, so the rear trucks are slightly angled (see image here) but I do not know how much. I do have angled risers that I can swap out to decrease the angle.
  2. I am using the stock bushings right now, since I only just was able to try the board out today. Right now the rear bushings are tightened up so much that they are noticeably squished because if they’re any looser they cause wobbles at <15 mph
  3. Right now, I can’t go past ~20mph comfortably without severe speed wobbles in the rear. The turn radius is not fantastic because the bushings are tightened up so much just to keep the board somewhat stable at speed, and the board is currently no where near as stable as even my stock Boosted. With the Boosted I can comfortably carve, turn, and go max speed without any worry of wobbles.
  4. The board can go up to ~35 mph right now and I anticipate I’ll be cruising anywhere from 20-28 mph usually, but I want to make sure the trucks are stable at higher speeds as well. A reasonable turn radius is still important to me, but stability at higher speeds is obviously more important for safety.
  5. I weigh about 140 lbs with all my gear
2 Likes

For the short term take the stock bushings and re position them using the cones up front and the Barrels in the back and let me know if the ride improves

2 Likes

Yeah that’s much, much more stable. I think I was able to hit around 30 comfortably without wobbles, though it did feel like if I pushed it further or hit a bump I might lose stability.

Turning radius still isn’t great, however, so it would be great to be able to improve that.

2 Likes