Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

I am prepping for an event in Torrance so I should be back to this on Sunday eve or Monday

1 Like

How did nobody comment on this??

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/77/0d/7f/88/c145/454c/8c3d/d0e007905ea2/pickle-rick-wields-some-pretty-gnarly-weapons-in-this-grisly-battle.png?auto=compress&h=1200&w=1200&crop=edges&fit=crop

1 Like

Hi @RipTideSports, quick question! Bushing tips for 180 lb rider, ecalibers drop-thru and venom Mach 1 wheels? Getā€™s a little squirrelly above 25 mph; looking for stability at top speed while maintaining carviness, THANKS BRAD!

1 Like

Ecalibers? Ban you tell me what the final base plate angles are? Looks like the board wedges both the front and back, must be a Bustinā€¦

1 Like

@RipTideSports Iā€™m not actually sure what angle the baseplates are but if I had to guess Iā€™d say theyā€™re same as regular caliber baseplates, so 44 degrees? Hereā€™s the website I ordered from, I didnā€™t see any mention of angles tho =/

yeah itā€™s a Bustin Maestro!

1 Like

OK, looks like they are actually 50 so you have a 50+ symmetrical setup. put an Inclinometer on the base plate and add that to 50 to get the actual angle. This will help us determine what bushings to put in them

2 Likes

oo, I donā€™t have an inclinometer =/

Do you have a smart phone? Download Clinometer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plaincode.xclinometer&hl=en_US

1 Like

looks like 10 degrees, so we got 60 degrees front and back. Or would you be subtracting 10 degrees?

1 Like

You are correct, adding the 10 degrees. That is really steep and prone to be unstable. Any chance you could top mount the trucks and de-wedge the rear 10 to 20 degrees? Bustin Mā€™s are made for pedestrian slalom and fairly low speeds

1 Like

yeah I could do that. I got some angled risers coming in the mail atm, Iā€™ll get back at you when they arrive!

1 Like

@RipTideSports
I have had a brainwave.
Have you attended any of the large events?
Turn up with a tent, truckload of bushing, pivots and associated magic tricks and set everyone on the righteous path? Everyone at the event would ride better and safely? I cast my mind back to the Paris event. You would have fitted right in with what was going on there for sure, made a lot of people happy and come away hopefully with a bit of money for your troubles? Closer to home Iā€™m sure there are many events to attend.
Perhaps something in conjunction with steezedistribution? @Lee_Wright and @Ricardo are part of the organising team for what will be the massive itselectric event next year. Perhaps drop them a line?

11 Likes

We were hoping @RipTideSports would have joined us, the community and all the other big vendor names in Paris, but it just didnā€™t happen last time around.

We havenā€™t yet kicked off next yearā€™s event preparations (thereā€™s ideas and theyā€™ll be released in due time), but Iā€™m hoping every big name will be there, as the vendor feedback from the first edition was very positive.

1 Like

He literally just did this exactly at a race in Lancaster and he showed up to our cannonball in SF. Brad is a super chill dude with a wealth of knowledge. Heā€™s as nice as he seems online

5 Likes

Very likely saved some people their skin. @RipTideSports is the man!

4 Likes

He also did it at the SoCal Outlaw Races, got me all tuned upā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll buy bushings from no one elsešŸ‘Œ

4 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m set for life now cause of him :joy:

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Brad even offer delivery service before the race @RipTideSports

4 Likes

Dash, thanks but I accidentally kept the bushings I took off your board, I will return them when I see you again. Going to the event next Sunday in the riverbed?

2 Likes