Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Thanks! will be ordering soon.

1 Like

If you do not want extra bushings, just order a pair of Canons and Chubbys and leave a note on the order to make the Chubby pair a mix of a FatCone and a Chubby

1 Like

Done, ordered :smiley:

thanks for the help

1 Like

Are you sure it went through?

1 Like

I am guessing you tried this. What difference does it make? I have tried it without adjusting bushings (obviously not ideal).

You make me curious, but I would like to know what to expect.

1 Like

Insane stability at high speeds, if you let go of the throttle at high speed at neutral, there wont be any hint of speed wobbles normally associated with a sudden drop in acceleration with rear mounted motors

There’s a whole thread on this subject and we should head over there as this is off topic to this thread - Front Wheel Drive Discussion

2 Likes

Yup. Order #19600

1 Like

OK thanks, found it. Normally I receive notification but I found it in the system! Will ship today.

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve got a 40 inch Kracked Skulls Scimitar with Caliber 2 184mm 50 degree trucks on half inch risers and stock bushings (89a). I weigh 155 and am 6 feet tall.

I think I got the board in 2016 so the bushings are now terrifyingly soft. I want to massively improve stability especially at speed. I’m getting ridiculous speed wobbles whenever I let off the power on the esk8, kind of like lift off over-steer in a car. I’ve been thinking about running wedges to reduce the angle of my rear truck and increase the angle of the front trucks.

Thoughts?

Also, thank you so much for helping!

1 Like

OK, @richcriminal are you top mounting or dropthrough mounting it? As for wedging and de-wedging, it will be much easier to do top mounted and I would use a flat riser up front (50 degrees turns enough) and de-wedge the rear at least 10 degrees.

1 Like

Top mounted currently.

1 Like

OK,I am going to recommend a synthetic split setup that will work if you actually de-wedge the rear also 5 to 10 degrees. At 155 lbs I would go with a KranK 90a Canon / FatCone front and a Canon / Chubby rear. This will allow the front to turn easier than the rear. The full benefit will be realized if you actually de-wedge the rear but it will also work fairly well if you don’t. Either way it will definitely address the wobbles you are experiencing unless something else is going on like the trucks not being aligned properly or the deck is warped

Excellent thank you!! I’ll pick up the wedges and bushings and report back. I have a feeling this will transform the deck.

I’ll check for the trucks being aligned and the deck being warped as well.

1 Like

Like I said above,

Hi @RipTideSports,

I’m a total newbie when it comes to bushings, been skating for a couple of years and built a couple of boards but just used the included bushings. :see_no_evil:

My current board:
Hummie 40" drop through deck.
Front 195mm Paris 50 degree with stock barel/barel bushings.
Back same baseplate but with Hummies custom hanger with the same Paris stock barel/barel bushings.

If i put all my weight while turning the wheels can rub but don’t bite. I’m using Centrax wheel in the front and the hubs have the same contact patch.

My weight is 177lbs

I like to carve alot when riding but occasionally speed up and especially if I’m late, I normaly don’t go much faster than 25mph so a good mix of good carving at lower speeds and be able to have a stable ride when going faster. Nice carving is more important than going superfast.

My current bushings have a couple of years of wear and they feel unresponsive, would like a smoother connected feeling while riding and maybe a little pushback after a carve if that makes any sense?

(Imges of Hummie truck bushing seat is borrowed from Winfly)

Should I change the piviot cups aslo while I’m at it?

2 Likes

Awesome! Perfect setup. Exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

@RipTideSports

Hey dropping back in, just wanted to confirm I installed everything correctly. :sweat_smile:

Sharp edges for the Canon facing hangers.

Front

Back

Also is this normal?

1 Like

The FatCone goes boardside with the large diameter towards the base plate, also use washers on both bushings

1 Like

Ahh, the directions had me confused, also do you have a recommended kingpin length for these bushings? The stock ones are now too short

Also the washers included look massive now, would you recommend smaller washers?