Building with the Bustin Sportster

Nah the E(core), which I assume is designed to be stiffer.

Thiccc gasket?

2 Likes

Looks like its gonna need it :frowning:

How thick? I would try using a 3mm gasket to start off with. Once all the hardware is bolted in with the gasket those gaps will be eliminated I would assume.

What mounting hardware/risers for the trucks do people use?

I’m currently using no drop through backing frames and vibrations from the road transfer directly to the deck quite noticeably. Is there potential for structural issues when using no backing frames? Really don’t want the drop through nose to snap :upside_down_face:

I fix
I also made a gasket

1 Like

I had the same issue and a 3MM gasket seems to do it.

1 Like

Getting ready to start my build as well.

2 Likes

I couldn’t leave the 10awg wires on top of the batteries at the end of my pack without the deck laying on them before the enclosure touched the deck. Also the xt90 couldn’t be on top of the unity without the same problem.

I thought about doubling the gasket or trying to find one a bit thicker.
On a different note I am looking for the right adapter to get the haggy drive into the unity.
Thinking it’s 5.5mm to maybe 3.5 on the unity?

Thanks

I cut all them off and used these

Also found this

Adding pics for reference. Is this an acceptable setup for trucks? Or do I need backing frames to prevent the deck cracking or snapping? Really don’t want to street my face on the road if this snaps lol.

1 Like

That is a standard way to mount trucks dropped through. Lots of folks do this with no issues. Backing frames or washer pads will add strength, but are not necessary.

1 Like

Maybe its better to use bolts that are not countersunk, otherwise they look gucci!

2 Likes

Oh yeah thats a good point. Your countersunk bolts there are only making minimal contact with the baseplate @will_manners. You want cap head or button head. Or a countersunk washer :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice! All g I’ll definitely add countersunk washers :pray:

2 Likes

Or, if you have a countersink drill bit, you could also just countersink the baseplate :man_shrugging: It looks plenty thick enough. Shouldnt lose too much strength.

2 Likes

I have the same concern and figured it can’t hurt to buy backing plates so I did.
I think they are from riptide.

1 Like

For sure, I’m going to try making my own out of 3mm Aluminium before buying the riptide ones.

1 Like