Budget helmets....I know I know

I was debating between that and the podium, coincidentally, and didn’t like how the head hole of the bell flared out at the end. The podium does the opposite and has a flexible leather feeling liner. They look super similar in terms of openness though.

You mean flared out by the neck? Yeah I’m not a fan.

1 Like

That demon is nice looking for sure

Regarding the bell super 3r, would the chin guard breakaway on impact? Looks like it detaches.

I have one of these, works really well! Lots of ventilation when you are riding and not overly hot when standing still

1 Like

demon podium might be the best under 150

Yeah i keep seeing helmets like that. Makes me nervous.

I watched the testing videos on it, it’s held on with 3 different locks and it’s pretty tight on there.

It would be a hard impact well over 40mph to break this one off (in my opinion)

I found this this helmet, only $70 which is not bad, good reviews. I am in a market for a good budget helmet as well. DOT approved so should be okay. The front mouth area isn’t sticking out as far as the other helmets. Not sure if that is better or worse.

Grab a used Nolan helmet or similar, you’ll be heavy but get super wide FOV and comfy with modular fullface protection at a bargain. Can be had for 50 bucks in perfect shape.

The Bell Super 3R is…
“Safety certification remains for standard bicycle use, not downhill”

I use it, but definitely for the slower rides. Basically forced to use that for summer heat

3 Likes

+1 for the Demon Podium. I love mine. Very comfortable and stays about as cool as I would expect a FF helmet could be. Can be found for & $70-80 sometimes on Amazon.

Any helmet is better than no helmet. My buddy went down over the weekend going well under 30mph, couldn’t believe how hard his head hit the pavement (like the end of a whip). Scared the shit out of me.

7 Likes

So I bought this helmet, unfortunately it’s too tight, uncomfortably tight, I’ll have to send it back. It squished my jaw and the ear holes were too high for my ears crushing them. Bummer I really liked the color and the weight.

I recently got one of these, but I measured my head properly and got slighly bigger size. Fit is snug and secure. I do think they run small, most if the reviews say something to that effect. Took off the visor before I even put it on. In a crash it can go in your eye :confounded:

Much better than my old skid lid👍

I hope this works out for you🍺

1 Like

I wear a bern watts. But no full face

Anyone have experience with 100% status helmets?

Looking at this

It’s slightly over my budget, but I can prob swing it.

Dude just give the demon podium a try it’s a nice helmet man

1 Like

Are are the pads removable With podium?

Great helmet, lots of ventilation. Pads are not removable though.

1 Like