Budget helmets....I know I know

I guess I’ll order one up, I’ll keep trying till I find a keeper.

2 Likes

I’ll save a nicer higher dollar helmet for something like a birthday that the wife and family can chip in on

1 Like

Instead of money, you should be looking at ratings and weight.

Even cheap helmets are certified to save your life when falling off a motorcycle at high speeds. Also they are better rated to protect your head than the Uber expensive bike ones.

1 Like

I have looked at weight on ones that I find I like, and then search for them, usually on downhill or bmx motor Cross forums etc, they talk about the certificates but I have not really looked too deeply into them

Can’t just not look at money, I have to afford it. I want the lightest, most ventilated, and safe in my price range. Considering I ride dome exposed currently, the safety is not exactly the top tier, dot helmets are out completely, too heavy, bulky, sweaty, for south west Florida.

I just got the demon podium large with goggles today while large it feels good and it has good impact ratings at 2lbs its mid-range weight wise and has excellent ventilation “you can breathe normally indoors with it” in fact I was wearing it while I typed
@Venom121212 finally my helmet arrived the meep v3 kit arrives later today next im working on DIY 30q battery for longer range

3 Likes

Hell yeah man! Be super careful and read that battery thread a million times. Things can go very badly if done incorrectly.

2 Likes

If wearing a sweatshirt make sure the strings dont have metal things on the end :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

thanks i stick to tshirts till it hits the 30s

Lol I wanted the Merica one but don’t make it in my size so I ended up with these I think they were both under $100. Just make sure what you get is full face, no visor and if it comes with one remove it like I did my Oneil, DOT certified and you will be good. Most mountain bike helmets won’t be as they are made for dirt. I think that oniel posed here was a 3 series and that’s not DOT certified get at least the 5 series.

hell this one looks cool too

Here another helmet special
https://www.jensonusa.com/iXS-Xult-Full-Face-Helmet

1 Like

2 Likes

yeah I need a new helmet… the one I have is soo ugly that I tend to leave it at home if I just run short errands, dumb as f I know. But I kinda dont like the halo without a suit look that the downhill and full face helmets create.
Im digging the mountain bike helmets though, the ones without the chin guard though. anyone else running mountain bike helmets and have some recommendations? the im digging some of the Giro ones with mips. they can be found between 60-100 dollars

Fuck that.
If im skateboarding analog I don’t wear a helmet.
If I’m going over 20mph I want a full face helmet.
I’ve seen too many broken jaws.

5 Likes

baby steps, il get there.
im coming from the life of thongs, shorts and a t-shirt no helmet and riding way too fast.

1 Like

I went from never wearing a helmet my entire life (till I was 33) , mtb, snowboarding, bmx, street / vert and downhill skating to a tsg pass for esk8.
I still won’t wear one when pushing my board around lol

1 Like

yeah it’s wired cus I wear all sorts of protection and avalanche devices when skiing. but to me it is more of a convenience and not having to lug around with tons of crap and looking fly ofc.

1 Like

I feel like a dork wearing my Tripple 8 mushroom helmet while kick pushing my push board.

Better than losing another leg though.

2 Likes

Get a helmet boys

13 Likes

young and dumb, obviously. But I feel like a sick ass mountain bike helmet with mips is way better than the fifty fifty state im at currently in regards to helmets. (well im mostly cruising back and forth to campus and the supermarket so nothing extreme) But im making stupid decisions in regards to helmets more often than id like to admit. So hopefully i’m just messing up my face when shit hits the fan and not the goods that’s inside.