BT module not cooperating

This isnt the first time I’ve brought this up and last time it was lost in the noob thread so heres the rundown. I got 2 modules from BKB during black friday and I went to set it up, the baud rate was right(9600) and the control was set to uart +ppm. The light on the module flashes so it isnt dead. Neither ackmaniac nor VESC seem to work and judging by some other peoples posts im not the only one with this specific issue. It would be great if we could use this thread to troubleshoot this problem so everyone past and present can have it resolved and have it no longer be an issue.

4 Likes

iirc the new versions of VESC tool disabled support for hm-10 bluetooth modules.

what bluetooth app are you trying to connect to?

4 Likes

The recommended app from bkb:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ackmaniac.vescmonit

Yeah I couldn’t get mine to connect at all either running the latest vesc firmware with smart reverse. Galaxy S10+ with OneUI 2.0 (Android 10)

It worked on my sister’s iphone, which is who I got the module for, but the ackmaniac app straight up wouldn’t connect with it.

2 Likes

BKB HM-10 module
ACK app
Maytech VESC 6
I can find the module in the app to connect it to, but never could get data or telemetry. Tried 3 different phones, and two different ACK firmware updates… it just sits in my enclosure eating up watts…

faaaaaaaaaaaak

2 Likes

Also same issue.

Next attempt will be to try ackmaniac firmware on the esc…

2 Likes

Oh so yours isnt working even with ack firmware? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

ah, i’ve had issues with ackmaniac app myself. vesc-tool (with vesc fw) and all ios apps works fine for me.

some apps like xmatic for example-- which is the one i use right now-- don’t support the latest f/w, only up to ack 3.102. maybe could try a older fw?

NOPE!

@mmaner tried to help me months ago, I even went backwards uploading an old ACK version firmware nada-tostada

4 Likes

Fuuuuuuck. What the fuck am I gonna do with 6 BKB bluetooth modules kook!?

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know… :shushing_face: maybe try the @CiscoV route and wholesale them all! :thinking:I haven’t fucked with this in months, but soon I’m going to revisit this as I’m going to have to reconfigure the board as I’m going to be moving from 10s to 12s battery

1 Like

I reckon it’s just the phone… have you tried with iphone?

1 Like

fuck iphones jajajajajaja

6 Likes

i have a bkb module laying around, ill fuck around with it in a few days and see if i can get it to work anywhere

I feel the same way.

1 Like

Been there. Done that. I use the Flipsky ones now since I love the new vesc tool so freaking much…

2 Likes

That’s all well and good for you Raf, but I’ve sworn a blood oath to Skatan never to touch another flipsky product as long as I live…

2 Likes

I know. I know.
I think your options then are trampa module or metr… Or have someone buy the Flipsky ones for you. And lie and say they are something else… Don’t think they say flipsky

2 Likes

I would love to go all metr… better start saving :joy:

Hm10 bt module
Vesc 4.12 maytech ackmaniac FW. 3.103
LG stylo4

My telemetry work sometimes its hit or miss.
Settings are correct 9600. Ppm+ UART

1 Like