Broke my deck any recommendations?

I have a little bit of glassing know how but when it comes to properly re-enforcing a deck I could use some more info?

Are you just glassing over the whole board or what?

Yup, 2 layers on the bottom one on top is what I’d go for. Bottom is generally enough, but with kicktails or drops, you should hit the top, too.

1 Like

Frankenstein

2 Likes

The man and the monster, all in one cute package :kiss:

1 Like

This is the deck I have and I have been having some delaminating issues and minor cracks. And its not even an esk8. I reached out to the company and we will see how it goes.

1 Like

Biaxel? Carbon fiber? vac bag?

Vac bag is preferable but not necessary. Cf is obviously stronger but conductive and blocks signal so it’s not the best for our purposes, I’d recommend using gf over it if you use it at all. The regular ol Bondo kit will strengthen it up just fine.

1 Like

The ones I’ve seen in skate shops definitely have that “W” concave hump.

Hate Evolve or not, I love the GTX Bamboo deck.

I can’t imagine not seeking W concave.

1 Like

I am in the same boat as you. I had the same deck. The only difference is I also need an enclosure. So if you find one let me know.

Whats the price for something like this. I cant imagine its cheap with something this good looking.

I’m using the one that came with the Vereal RS, which was worth it’s weight when the wheels came off

This is the one I had

Fixed blade are sold out.

will carbon fiber block the signal from the remote to the esc if the esc is in a battery tray on the bottom?

Should have disclosed that I had someone lay fabric and epoxy and frit it… They come with a different finish :sweat_smile:

John @hummieee come sell some of your wares please!

4 Likes

Careful with the Demonseed i had this exact same snap on mine a couple weeks ago. Just reordered one with rhe composite layer and am adding my own CF and FG on top and bottom to make sure this shit dont happen again. Also ordered a U drop mount bracket from riptide to hopefully help too

As you can see the real weak point here is the mounting holes for the trucks. Im gonna prolly just fill that in completely with shredded CF and resin since im not running drop thru.

5 Likes

Probably not. If you CF the bottom of the deck AND the enclosure, your signal will be fucked, though. Also, esc can be wherever, it’s the receiver that matters. I had a carbon fiber integrated deck for a while and it had a patch of gf on the lid which was the proper place to put the receiver on it.

But more importantly, if you CF the bottom of the deck, you need to make sure you coat it with at least a thick coat of epoxy, or a layer of glass fiber. Or, bare minimum, fish paper where the enclosure sits. You reeeeeally don’t want your electronics directly against CF, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

@Venom121212 I love that circuit skin you have on there, I have my own circuit inspired design I’ve been working on actually.

2 Likes

That’d a very flattering picture. It showed up… Different

3 Likes

These are my options for now. Which would you recommend

Bustin sportster w/ eboosted enclosure

Ly switchblade 40 w/ eboosted enclosure

ly evo spectrum w/ eboosted enclosure

Tomiboi liquid sword w/ its respective enclosure

Sector 9 bingtang deck w/ eboosted universal enclosure

Still waiting on price for hummie deck

1 Like

Tomiboi