Broke my deck any recommendations?

Tomiboi or sportster imo

This started as a joke answer but then I saw youā€™re already running a pelican case, would you consider a ThreeSix Double Drop? Aluminium (yes fully metal deck), nice W concave, double drop, not as heavy as youā€™d expect because of the cutout patterns

One of my acoustic buddies uses one as a downhill slide deck and I really like it, though the W fucks me up a bit

3 Likes

I have a three six mini and Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™d win a fight with a car. Theyā€™re sturdy as hell.

Warning: aluminum decks will absolutely murder your feet.

2 Likes

Yeah I just checked the price and ooof, but I completely understand it because theyā€™re ridiculous things. I want to make a sleek top battery and electronics mount somehow, think like an underbelly enclosure but a bit taller and without covering the foot wells

3 Likes

Ha. Top mount. Iā€™ve been too busy to finish it but I have a custom bottom mount enclosure for mine x)

@ShutterShock really killed it making this thing.

4 Likes

Iā€™m both a wimp, and accustomed to my friendā€™s ~65mm wheels + double drop on the ThreeSix, so there ainā€™t exactly a lot of ground clearance to begin with

I have like 50 decks if anyone wants one. Not desperate enough financially to make the effort!

2 Likes

do we know if its dimensionally identical to the regular switch blade? like would switchblade enclosures fit on this?

wow dude. so.
wow.
did it just snap mid ride? what was it like when it failedā€¦

I am running a 42 with DKP top mountedā€¦
I wonder if I can break mineā€¦

3 Likes

I think thereā€™s only a 38" right now, but most enclosures are designed for the 40". Otherwise it sounds like itā€™s identical minus the drop through cutouts.

1 Like

You can break it. Thatā€™s a universal truth. It is simply a matter of how it could break. Seeing the amount of drop downs that break at the drop, I donā€™t think id build one without reinforcing it.

1 Like

Well i did hit something that caudef it to snap :rofl::rofl: however it wasnt aggressive beyond the point of qhat i think a deck should def be able to handle. I ran over one of those bike lane post knobbie things at maybe 20mph. I fell off and rolled it off just fine, turned around amd saw my deck totally snapped. It was like the base of one of these bike lane posts

It was white and i thought it was a kn95 mask at first actually and then noticed it was not ā€¦it didnt have all the weird shapeness to it tho that this one has. Was literally just a shallow perfectly rounded little hump on the road

2 Likes

fucking wild dudeā€¦

1 Like

Def a little disappointed in the deck. I think it couldve had a factory defect or a crack or something already, cuz this shouldnt happen so easily on a demonseed

1 Like

I feel like yours might be like the 3rd or 4thone I have seen snapped like thatā€¦
but yeah. with 10 plys and as thick as it is one would expect it to be indestructibleā€¦

1 Like

Are these the brackets youā€™re talking about?

1 Like

I was looking at those, I would totally do it wallet be damned!

Wonder what the affects of the weight would be?

Whatā€™s a normal deck weigh? A thic reinforced deck?

If you have a drill you can get some aluminum flat bar from your local home good store for a couple bucks and just drill the wholes your self. Will they look as good probably not.

I could be wrong but Iā€™m fairly sure it doesnā€™t make much of a difference. Weight of rolling elements (wheels, pulleys, motors) matters quite a bit, but weight of the deck not as much. The difference between a 2.5kg deck like the ThreeSix and a 1.2-1.7kg of something more standard/light like a Loaded Vanguard really isnā€™t going to make a big difference to range or efficiency (I think), because itā€™s the total weight you need to worry about. ie, youā€™re pushing a 70~120kg assembly of deck, electronics, wheels, and rider, so 1kg isnā€™t gonna be noticed.

Going from urethane to pneumatics means spinning up big wheels and constantly having to rotate something thatā€™s now ~450+g for just a pneumatic hub, tube, and tire, instead of ~250g for 85mm caguamas. Plus bigger pulleys, youā€™re now roughly double the rotating weight, so that does make a difference to ride feel and efficiency. Just highlighting this because small weight difference matter for rotating when there isnā€™t a lot of mass there anyway, and less so when itā€™s just lumped in with a human

1 Like

I have the blank moose version, they are identical in drop & length only diff is the nose and tail. Iā€™m 190lbs and it has barely any flex to it and itā€™s cheaper if you wanted to check it out.