Bringing the Boosted 105 back!

my bad was reading the info on the site…

1 Like

which one is better? I had the blue 74a, they do bounce around quite a bit. I hated it.

1 Like

I’ve heard the black ones are harder, so more bouncing on those. My blue ones are pretty soft, but they’re also over a year old so maybe they’re just worn in.

There were 78A (black), 74A (blue), and 72A (black and blue)

1 Like

I just almost bought these on accident because the page says $39.00 and then when you add them to cart they are $169.00. I knew there was some kind of mistake, but I was hoping I could order them before they fixed it. I guess they almost got me there though. At $40 for a set of wheels, I was going to buy like 20 of them.

3 Likes

Bruh that’d be the come up right there. The corner store at my old place accidentally put this one specific tall boy in the system at $0 for a while. I was drinking for free for like a month. Just got some snacks every run so they wouldn’t notice.

4 Likes

You’re not alone. Hoped for the same when i looked at it before.

3 Likes

That’s a really good idea. I thought about that before too. I will keep that in mind.

1 Like

Keep the black with white core, it’s a clean look, and would be hard to DIY it. I’d think white with white core, and white with black core would be nice additions, and people could get whatever they wanted out that with dye.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is not my truck set up given I don’t have the same experience on the 105mm Boosted style wheels. Any solid urethane wheel is going to bounce around more than a wheel that has some give. I’s sure really good riders are not as bothered by this as the more average rider. I am definitively a more average rider.

I like that idea. You can color the urethane. Since the core is black, it will appear black no matter what dye you use. Really good idea.

2 Likes

Also, plastic cores can be dyed I believe. So the the black with white core, you can dye the core to match whatever you’re putting it on.

1 Like

I just messaged Vic at Verreal to get that fixed.

Oh I see, you dislike all thanes.

That’s no reason to say a particular thane has issues. Anyone used to analog longboarding typically loves the TB110 for their huge contact patch and soft durometer.

Personally, I run my pneumies as close to thanes as possible with high PSI anyway

Not at all. Keep in mind I am planning on selling urethane wheels. I liked the TB 110 series and had every durometer they made. The are a bit heavy and my two blue sets both had core separation issues.

5 Likes

Finally received them and took on a test ride last night.
They are a bit “droney” at low speed, but going fast on smooth asphalt is perfectly fine.
Great grip, they are stone-ground from the factory.

Core tolerance is excellent, precision pulleys (tried 3DS and boardnamics) fit like a glove.

They are considerably more useful than TB110 in real world riding IMO.
Debris, cracks, blind-people-tactile-bumps - all become a lot more manageable and the wheels don’t bounce around and loose traction.

Thane doesn’t feel chunky, but we’ll see how they hold up long term.

11 Likes

I also did not like low speed on them. But… who wants to travel at low speed :rofl:

6 Likes

NIce review! Here is a discount code for the wheels ESK8OMG. $10 off.

1 Like

Kami Jun just did a review of the MAD wheels.

4 Likes

Anyone know how these do on slightly wet roads? I heard the blue TB 110s can still maintain some grip when passing a wet patch, would these compare? I’d imagine they’d do a little better since they’re rubber