Brently's Boards

hey guys finally got all my pieces together for the commuter - can someone remind me what VESC tool version I need to work on FW 5.2? (bonus points if you have a link I can download it from)

I have a makerx DV4 for this build and FW5.2 seems to be hardcoded to it or something - when I try to update it in bootloader on the new VESC tool it still gives me error messages (even after trying to individually update both sides with USB vs CAN)

just gotta tune it and test it and shes done

all my wires and connections are overspec (IE large IK)

1 Like

Broke out the old 20s bro today, saw my 20s5p extender for my surron in the corner and had an idea

Would be a combined 20s9p :joy: what’s that in esk8 miles? 100?

Could be a fun future project… anyway big shout out to @YUTW123 after my dv4 popped he gave me a hell of a deal on a dv6. So that commuter will finally be rolling shortly.

Does anyone know how to work the momentary switch on them? When I press it nothing happens it just says on.

3 Likes

Try the latest firmware, older makerx firmware has issues
6.0 has worked great on my makerx escs, just remember to raise your abs max current after motor detection
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XbWnSGchvoZw7U39kw6P3xYjjLkh_b7m/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

1 Like

You gotta turn on a shut off time on the Vesc tool .

Then it will click off.

2 Likes
1 Like

Esk8 bros - I’m in the semi finals of shreddiemcskate’s contest to win a $1k extended swing arm for my sur ron. If you could shoot me a vote at the link below I would be forever grateful (and buy you a beer)

https://instagram.com/stories/shreddiemcskate/3051504242884580512?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

^if clicked on mobile it’ll take you to the guys story holding the contest, all you gotta do is vote for me:

It’s the one part I can’t justify spending the money but want pretty damn bad.

Appreciate ya’ll

7 Likes

Tiny wheels…

So what does that do?

1 Like

More nimble in corners / more tq

… slightly harsher ride / lower potential top speed ha

1 Like

So you didn’t change up the gearing

1 Like

Not yet going to put the 48T back on that should put me around 60 and still have plenty of tq

Made it to the finals!!! Help a brother out and shoot me a vote #2 in this IG Story link:

https://instagram.com/stories/shreddiemcskate/3052198796465224841?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

Thank you to everyone who voted last round I will legit buy you a beer if you send me your Venmo… a PBR priced beer but a beer :beers:

guys loop key keeps falling out on my thane commuter. I’m sure this has been covered before but I’m lacking search savviness or something. Anyone have a solution here? I am using a maytech D100 so I think I can wire it for a switch too.

Sorry for the lazy post but I’m trying not to die on the way to work came out down a bumpy part of a hill today :grimacing:

duct tape

Lol that’s a weird one. Why is your connector so loose

Yeah usually I have the opposite issue – after epoxying in the male end, the housing is slightly deformed and it takes a lot of effort to push or pull the key out.

What I would suggest is making your male bullets wider by sticking a narrow screwdriver in the middle of each, to stretch them open a little. I believe the technical term for this is “sounding”. Don’t google that.

I hate that I know what this is without looking it up

I’ll sound my connector and go from there

I think it’s been falling out due to vibrations my deck is carbon/hardwood rolling on 100mm OG boas

This is another reason to why I wan them new fangled mad wheels

1 Like

Did you use Amass brand connectors?

The only loose ones I’ve ever had were the knockoffs

The new larger ones?

2 Likes

Yep

Prongs have been sounded, we’ll see how todays commute goes

2 Likes

Wanna get lunch today?