Bowzer's Builds

Yes sir…and perhaps I also got sir janux to hit the cnc to make me some parts for these here gears as well :shushing_face:

4 Likes

The off-road board got moon drives for now

4 Likes

5 Likes

2.9 or 3.75?

Special request order with him.

Put the 4.25 hubs by janux on with the metro155s

Feels good. Bushings need to be dialed in. Kit from rip tide should be here Monday for that fun.

4 Likes

I’m assuming the hubs are taller so do you feel it affect stability and overall ride feel?

1 Like

renamed the post to just add all the other things I’ve put together.
2021 I got a flux, Century and built another bro board cause I sold the one I made in 2020 to a local homie for deals.

April/may-ish I picked up this Flux from @Skyart

Proceeded to upgrade bushings to Riptide Hypertruck ones with the @Tony_Stark /Radium HT bushing adapters for matrix2.
Rides so much better after doing that. a week or 2 later I bought another deck and enclosure. Sent that off to Sender along with some @kaly Hellcats

During that time Spent some time swapping motors and gear ratios.
Finished board

Parts:
Deck: Flux AT(senderized)
enclosure : Flux at
Battery: Skyart Power 12s9p tesla3
ESC: stormcore 60d+
Trucks: 3ds fatboy 320
Mounts: 3ds fatboy mini eco AT v2 3.5ratio
Bushings: radium hypertruck White/Green
Hubs: Kaly Hellcat Wides (senderized)
Tires: kenda 8in
Remote: hoyt puck/ Freesk8 OSSR
Motors: TB 63100 190kv
Telematics: robogotchi

Overall really enjoy this board alot. its made it hard to ride my kaly now. especially having not ridden my kaly in about 4 monthes up to the day of Carve PDX.

11 Likes

sometime in between CarvePDX 2020 and After I got my flux assembled. I started accumulating parts for a Subsonic Century Build before they called it quits.

Parts
Deck: Subsonic Century 40 10 ply carbon top and bottom green rails (Frit by @BenjaminF )
Enclosure: Eboosted DS
Battery: 12s8p Samsung 30q
Trucks: 3d Servisas fb275 with adjustable baseplates
Bushings: Riptide bushings
Mounts: 3d Servisas mini eco AT 3.5ratio
Motors: torqueboards 6374 190kv
Esc: xenith
Remote: Hoyt puck batwing
Hubs: 3d Servisas 5 star
Tires: trampa 6.5 urban treads

This thing has been a fun unicorn for me just cause you cant find another century anymore currently. Rides great but feels short for me after riding channeled trucks for so long. I had plans to do a smaller 12s4p pack but thats currently on hold. Smaller pack for just ease of carry for a smaller board along with the 30q pack was used so its sorta tied. I’ve been loaning this board out to get the cells to balance better with use. Haven’t moved forward on this just cause I’m not sure about keeping it at the moment. But the board did pretty well at Carve PDX for a out of town rider.

7 Likes

Apex Clone Bro

I started putting these parts together a week or 2 before CarvePDX. It was sorta impulse build. I tried the apex airs on the Flux and they were smooth like a flying nimbus. I couldnt get real comfortable with them till after I bought more bushings to experiment with.

fun FACT this thing caught on fire in my living room.

Parts
Deck: Haero Bro Stiff Deck with Apex Air Shockpads
Enclosure: Apex Enclosure ESC / Trampa monster box
Battery: 12s4p p42a
ESC: Stormcore 60d+
Trucks: Apex Air
Mounts: Boardnamics M1AT
Hubs: Trampa Phatladz / MBS rockstar2
Tires: Primo Alpha Lite
Remote: Hoyt Puck
Motors: Torqueboards 6380 190kv

This build has spent more time with other people then I have ridden. Pretty much completed this one right around my daughter being born so I haven’t been riding much and just loaning it out to local guys so far to test ride before purchasing apex airs or to see if they wanted to build an off road board.

Airs with bindings feel a whole lot better. This thing is so easy to rip around on rough terrain.

I plan to move this back down to a xenith so I can have my robogotchi telematics. waiting on the mounting plate for that.

11 Likes

The Kaly got a battery upgrade courtesy of @TheRef.

Also slapped a stormcore 60d+ in it. This deck is getting retired for something different in the next couple monthes.

12 Likes

Ronin helped in doing a hub upgrade/downgrade?

:joy:

15 Likes

Flux got an upgrade
Gonna do split angles of like 35/25

13 Likes

hold up what??! adjustable baseplate channel trucks??? thats really fucking cool, are they also by 3ds or nah? and whats the range of the adjustable angles?
this just might make channels on a flat board a little more viable
now i just need some adjustable air baseplates

3 Likes

They wont work for airs, but there you go.
Not sure their instock or even made anymore. I’d email him if interested.

3 Likes

i dont even own a set of channels, but thats really cool. i could 110% run channels on 2 of my street decks with those, both have ~15 degree tails.
edit: shyyyyyt +/- 50 degrees, thats serious.

1 Like

That flux is so damn clean.

How different is the ride between the kaly and the flux?

1 Like

Pretty drastic. My kaly is a medium flex and shorter in length and wheel base, but they are both using the same trucks at different angles due to deck nature.

Kaly is more nimble with turning but can get kinda violent when taking bumps at higher speeds since it’s bouncy.

Flux is stiff deck so it doesn’t feel like it’s trying to buck you off. I was riding the flux all
Spring and summer last year so I’ve grown to like riding it more vs my kaly deck. Feels more predictable since I don’t have to guess on if certain road conditions are going to pop my stance off the deck.

3 Likes

Let us know if there’s any difference in ride feel between these 2 trucks! Since after all you were using the same lacroix riptide bushings on them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like