Boardnamics Warning

I don’t participate here much but I gotta add that I’ve never had a smooth transaction with BN either. Every time I make an order I tell myself you know what you’re getting into so don’t be surprised when it goes sideways . I’ve tried to be patient and understanding but as someone who works in fabrication and production myself I would be out of a job if these were my business practices. .Don’t get me wrong I do love their stuff but I wont order from them ever again unless i buy used from a trusted member here or a third party starts moving their product . What really gets me is the excuses , blame shifting and down right lying used to momentarily pacify my disappointment.

2 Likes

stay away from @Boardnamics…that clown is full of excuses and lies…

1 Like

Ultimately, this thread won’t matter. Someone will read all of this and still buy from Kevin. FFS, people bought Hummie bundles from that dipshit Nexus guy even after he hosed a bunch of folks and they’re still waiting.

4 Likes

reminds me I need to place an order for the build I want to start in December 2025

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but tbh the wait and tedium of edging him to send shit out is not too bad, :man_shrugging: to everyone complaining, where would you recommend anyone to get trucks and gds of similar quality for a similar price? I see this shitstorm but no, “buy from x or y vendor instead” i have made a few orders from bn, and have had some issues with all of them, but the parts are good for the price, and in the grand scheme it doesnt seem terrible compared to some crazy stories i have heard here. The lying seems like some shit that would irk me especially as most people here at least seem pretty understanding, and you can make some pretty expensive orders, so i understand the anger, but same time, whats the alternative? I would defo charge back for some of these situations personally tho :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

unless you find a GD second hand there is no realistic alternative.

sure you might be able to use a more mass-produced GD like Omni or Meepo, but the chances are far higher that you can’t, and the only affordable GD for your build is from Mr. Namics.

it seems all the complaints would be totally valid if this was a hobby like cars where there is a lot of competition and people expect near-perfect service, but in a niche hobby like esk8 where the guy making your parts is the same type of enthusiast as you, just with a CNC, so people should be more understanding. Vendors like Boardnamics, Moon, dickyho, etc. aren’t large companies with warranty departments and customer satisfaction agents, they’re one guy trying to make the parts he wants, usually as a passion project as esk8 isn’t exactly a highly profitable venture.

2 Likes

Newbee offers trucks and gear drives at competitive prices and has way better CS. You can get your stuff from him in China faster than getting it from across the US.

7 Likes

When I was at Hoyt I tried very hard to convince kevball to let Hoyt handle the retail side of things

5 Likes

I feel that! I was “recommended” BN products on a forum post here but without the warning of how it is to deal with them.

I won’t ever recommend them again without at least warning of a 4 month average ship time.

1 Like

Yes and no.

I am understanding, at least enough to give them multiple 3 week windows of opportunity to either update me or send my parts, neither happened.

No, I will not be understanding anymore as I was lied to for the 4th time or so. I’m wasting away week after week of summer with no board, and I can’t even get a real conversation with BN as to:
Why it’s not shipped?
What’s taking so long?
Why no communication?
Why lazy part assembly?
Why any of it?!

Boardnamics is the only option for straight cut steel on steel gear drives (enclosed).

As unfortunate as BN CS has become, straight cuts do go grrrrrrrr

If anyone is going to buy stuff from BN, it’s always a good idea to message/email them ahead of time to confirm inventory before purchasing.

BN in a nutshell - you only get to choose two:

1. good
  2. inexpensive
  3. fast
4 Likes

I swear i saw something very similar to the end of this comment regarding esk8 shit in general close to my start here, and i think that has helped my expectations immensly :sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:

:snail::snail::snail:

7 Likes

One guy has a lot of work to do

One guy, lots of work

It’s one guy, he’s getting to it when he can.

2 Likes

Sounds like an increase in prices could move it from “Good & Cheap” to “Fast & Good”.

I feel like a lot of us, self included, like the “Good & Cheap” business model.

Not telling the truth does seem like a problem though.

9 Likes

Boardnamics trying to start a whole new conundrum by adding a 4th element: accuracy

@SalamToU I didn’t feel the need to link any available options because this is just a bashing thread. If you’re generally curious, Apex, Bioboards, Etoxx, Janux, Stooge, 3Dservisas, Newbee, Eovan, Exway, Linnpower, and Omniesk8 all have offerings available.

2 Likes

Ahahahaha, and yeah, he does seem to be dropping the ball a bit more often as of late :sweat: i know there are other options, but bn does have a bit of a niche as it is pretty substantially cheaper than bio, etoxx, stooge, radium. Then apex is more mtb as far as i know. Also fwir newbee, exway etc all have 3 hole mounting, which can cause entirely new issues. so there are alternatives, but bn does seem like a cheaper generally more universal option. I didnt realize it was solely bashing :sweat_smile: my b

Feelsbadman

My recommendation would be to make an order from bn, but keep stashing money for other parts, and if you gather money to buy from somewhere else before shipped, chargeback and upgrade :sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

After 4.5 long months of being away, I am now back and doing a bunch of shipping tonight. I am also back to living in the same place as my inventory (for the last 2 years, I was living somewhere else and commuted to ship). This will drastically improve things as I now am as connected to the inventory as I was in the beginning when business peaked (2017-2020).

I take full responsibility for how things got. I don’t need anyone defending me and I am for sure not blaming the customer. I think it is pretty obvious things got mishandled here, no excuses for that.

I also don’t expect forgiveness for the people that didn’t get what they ordered in time.

25 Likes

Well I’m glad to hear that future customers can expect a bump in attention to detail and speed. I understand “being away” but I would hope a temp site shutdown or “back ordered” be labeled on everything for next time you aren’t going to be around.

All is well that ends well I guess!

3 Likes

The issue(for me) is (hopefully) resolved so I don’t feel I need to keep complaining ab the service speed and quality, but being a 1 man show isn’t an excuse.

He clearly had his priorities elsewhere for a while and that’s his right as a person, but also impacts other commitments he made. That SHOULD mean full transparency about dedication and involvement or reduce the number of commitments.

Because I checked with him to make sure what I wanted was in stock, so we could expect a month? Be lenient on 2 months? But around 3 months and any vendor would agree that inquires are not being handled properly.

1 Like