Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Very excited for the 184s and precision mounts. They look great!

4 Likes

wtf it’s here already. This is not how eskate parts works lol.

15 Likes

Yeah, I got my stuff today too. That was so fast. Just adjustable baseplates and some bushings, but damn, they are pretty. :heart_eyes:

@Boardnamics Are you sure these gray Krank bushings are 93a? They feel really hard, and looking at the Riptide website, they look identical in color to the 96a Kranks. Not a big deal, just curious.

4 Likes

Yep, 93a. I had a custom light grey color made for me. 93a is pretty hard but I am 180lbs and they’re just about right for me.

10 Likes

Outside of wheels on caliber 2, 10.75”
Outside of wheels on BN184 at max width, 12.25”

18 Likes

What wheel pulleys u got on there bud?

Those are some dickyho Kegel 36T pulleys.

The pic is taken with the wheels all the way out on the shoulder bolts. That means there’s about a 6.5mm gap that needs a spacer between the hanger and the inner bearing of the pulley in both sides.

2 Likes

Cool thx, dude!

@Boardnamics do you think there will be any trouble fitting the 3dservisas push to fit kegels on your 184mm hangers? Looking at your description it looks like it should be fine…

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/fatboy-pulleys/products/group-buy-fatboy-wheel-pulley-set-for-kegel-44t-40t-36t?variant=30239136546909

3 Likes

Those pulleys fit fine on the BN184 hangers.

9 Likes

I’m having some issues screwing the shoulder bolts into the hanger. I can get them by my themselves but it’s pretty difficult when then wheel is on it.

Is this just the right fit compressing air? Feels like the threads in the hanger are not good.

Solution: I got a larger Alan wrench. It’s just very tight.

Where is a good place to get 8mm spacers?

I’ma smash open some rusted bearings

Not what I was trying to do. Still impressive.

Success

Oh and I wanted to add on assembly-

The fit in the pivot cup is TOIGHT it took considerable bodyweight to push it in.

@Boardnamics make sure to include in the assembly instructions that the rounded edge of the bushings goes into the hanger. Had to pull it back apart to flip the first one. Floor pelvic maneuver again. Like the shoulder bolts but harder you are fighting a tight fit and trying to get the hanger aligned straight to get it in.

I’m also curious what you lubed the pivot cup with? Much appreciated

8 Likes
  1. The shoulder bolts are a little tight yes. I recommend a tiny bit of grease or oil just to prevent it from seizing. I fixed this significantly on the 184s.

2. Take off both rubber shields. Take off the race. Slide all the BALLS to one side which then causes the spacer to fall out. No hammer time required :slight_smile:

3. The square shape of the bushing goes in the hanger side. The rounded goes to the washer.

4. Some kind of wax. They come like that

Overall the assembly is tight on the pivot cup but it will loosen up a little overtime. Urethane sets under pressure, very slightly. This was all factored in during the design.

9 Likes

Hey guys,
With my upcoming sealed belt drive, it occured to me that having a fixed axle would make the assembly a LOT easier.

If you haven’t read about my new design, it is here

My idea is to let you choose whether you want a fixed axle or a shoulder bolt. It seems many people prefer one or the other so soon everyone gets what they prefer.

How do you install this you may wonder? Where are the flat spots? No need. Take two nylon locknuts. Put them both on the thread and tighten them against eachother. Now pick one to use tighten the axle down. Un-countertighten both nuts and you’re done.

Coming soon!

23 Likes

It might make it more convenient to put a smaller hex head or something on the end of the fixed axle to make installation a bit easier, and avoid needing jam nuts.

1 Like

I’m going to try my very best to not scratch up the hangers before I get these. Probably gonna wrap them in tape before the first ride.

I NEED THAT PUSH FIT KEGAL

@Jordicious I’d rather save a couple bux. They are nuts you should have on hand anyways when working on this.

1 Like

That’s totally fair, probably tough to manufacture anyway.

1 Like

I like the progression that’s happening here @Boardnamics :star_struck: Do you sell your cnc baseplates with the 184mm hangers and are there different angles?

4 Likes

Yes fixed axle ftw

Yes and Yes

1 Like

YES!!!

Living room roll test feels great! No wheel bite as hard as I could try! Not going to stop raining till 6AM tomorrow!!

Waiting… :cry:

7 Likes