Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Gotta start carrying batterys, wheels, escs and motors.

2 Likes

we donā€™t want @Boardnamics going bankrupt

liquidation sale would be fire though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Long way from that :frowning: Maybe If I dropped out of school and put all my life savings on the line, then hell yeah letā€™s do it!

My intentions from the beginning were to focus on drivetrains. I want the very best out there but its hard catering to the noob cheap market and the pro best of the best market. I may split into 2 product lines. One for all out performance, and the other to compete with China ebay parts.

10 Likes

Youā€™ve already got the most affordable belt drive. Geardrives are becoming more and more popular and available.

3 Likes

Damn dexter, I thought you had a :heart:

3 Likes

He does but it wears a suit and tie and means business

6 Likes

To get back on topic, Iā€™ve ridden Kevinā€™s trucks for about 35 miles and they preform amazing, again super stable at 30+mph. Iā€™m running a 15Ā°/40 set up riptide bushings and pivot cups. My deck does have a bit of an angle so it will be a little off but me still go fast

2 Likes

Kevin just let us pay you already

5 Likes

The reason people prefer gears over belts is because they lack maintenance and supposedly last longer.

The main cause of belts snapping is from crap getting into the pulley, causing the pulley to essentially become bigger which, combined with a fixed center distance, snaps the belt. The argument that belts wear out and stretch is true, but is promoted by the use of idlers, small pulleys and misalignment.

My sealed belt drive will solve these issues. None of the junk from the outside world will harm them. The alignment will be next to perfect. The bearing wheel pulley has very little runout. There will be no idler.

Also worth mentioning, most gear drives are built to a higher standard than the average belt drive. Most belt drives use budget parts with no shielding, with no-brand China fiberglass belts. No wonder belts seem to not last very long

Another thing, the belts we use are supposed to be good for up to 3000 hours, assuming the drive is designed with all the criteria in mind. I know we can do better than the belt drives we have now, they just need to be done differently than how we do now.

Ok I will stop ranting now, there is a lot more I could say

14 Likes

Iā€™m too uncomfortable jumping curbs after falling pretty hard Saturday morning, also, Iā€™m not trying to make the trucks look like shit

1 Like

:clap: thank you

3 Likes

@Boardnamics do you by any chance have a pulley cover design for 90mm wheels on the 63mm mounts as I only see it for small wheels on your site?

Are you tryong to say curbs?

Yeah lol

Has anyone tried the motor mounts with bergs? Dumping the dicky mounts

I think they will be too short, wanted to get some too for some urban 6.5inch wheels, but iā€™m pretty sure they will hit the wheel (motor pulley etc)

The idler mount is long enough, the standard is not. New idler mounts coming soon. Out of stock of the old verison

3 Likes

canā€™t wait!

1 Like

dicky ho?
unless you are talking about precision cncā€™d trucks, then yes :slight_smile:

They are about the same price really.

2 Likes